How do you get all your calories in?

Options
Ok, so I've read a lot about eating your calories back and while I agree this is a good idea and seems to work, I honestly am pretty clueless how to get more calories in, I already feel like I'm eating quite a bit. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get like 2,000 to 2,200 calories in? lol normally i've been 1200-1700 and I just have no clue how I'd get more in, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:

~Ari

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I generally just increase my portion sizes. I might have double the brown rice at dinner, an extra egg at breakfast and a glass of milk at lunch. Little thing like that will really add up and it doesn't feel like you're eating all that much extra.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Each a snack or meal every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism up. The important number is your net calories, so it might require working out a bit less in order to balance what you put in your body. You can use "full-fat" things rather than non fat, the fat is good for you IF it's the right kind and you have the calories, using low fat or non fat is just a way to cut down on calories.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    is this a trick question-- ??

:wink:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    is this a trick question-- ??

:wink:

LOL, thats what I was thinking!

Add a glass of milk to your lunch or dinner, have a spoonful of peanut butter (yum!) as a quick snack, add a handful of almonds to a snack, or have a 1/2 cup of ice cream sometime during the day!

I find it easy to eat my calories, I usually find myself adding in extra exercise so I can eat some more!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have to say I'm another poster who has the opposite 'problem'
    How about cheese and nuts (nuts are good and a small handful usually around 100+cals)
    Some people find it easier to drink their cals, how about making or buying a fruit smoothie and adding protein/whey powder for cals

Good luck, Kim
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Lol, yeah kind of a crazy problem haha. I do eat 5-6 meals a day, I could try adding in more almonds and low fat cheeses and things like that, that's a good idea. I was always under the impression when I first started that I had to eat like a strict 1200 calorie diet. I never did eat all that much, I just ate bad food. Now, I'm eating good food and still not eating all that much I guess, but I do eat more throughout the day and not just in the evening. I try not to eat past 8pm b/c I usually go to sleep between 10pm and 11pm. I guess I'm just afraid to eat more and end up not losing. Thanks for all the advice :bigsmile: You guys are great! :flowerforyou: