Snacks without much fat?

Options
Hi there:) I'm very much under my calorie goal right now, but where it says fat, i'm -18. Since I'm 700 calories below my limit, I certainly plan on eating more, but can't think of many snacks without much fat.
I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions:)
Thanks!

Replies

• miss_september
    Options
    Veggies, fat-free cheese, popcorn (air popped), marshmallows =-)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary; I tend to be very low in fat yet I eat a ton.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Veggies, fat-free cheese, popcorn (air popped), marshmallows =-)

• SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary; I tend to be very low in fat yet I eat a ton.

Thanks! You gave me some ideas:)
  • hbar98
    hbar98 Posts: 39
    Options
    Well, I suppose chocolate sauce and fat free milk would be fat free.. ;)
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    some greek yogurts?
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Well, I suppose chocolate sauce and fat free milk would be fat free.. ;)
    Thanks! Haha, I like your thinking;)
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    some greek yogurts?
    That's a good idea:) Thanks!
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi there:) I'm very much under my calorie goal right now, but where it says fat, i'm -18. Since I'm 700 calories below my limit, I certainly plan on eating more, but can't think of many snacks without much fat.
    Thanks!
    eating fat doesnt make you fat, eating too many calories does. The only reason you need to count fat is to make sure your eating healthy and to make sure your getting enough of it on a daily basis.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    gummi bears are fat free.............doesn't mean they are good for you though
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Low-fat yogurt, most "healthy" salty snacks: pretzels and popcorn, veggies and fruits, cereal, or anything high in lean protein.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Was just adding that part when you posted. I agree but when your eating at a 700 calorie deficit like the OP. Its hard to eat too much fat and also hard to eat enough.
  • punkin311
    Options
    Slice up an apple and spread it with powdered peanut butter. 2 Tablespoons of powdered peanut butter is only 45 calories and 7 grams of fat. With an apple, it's a healthy 100 - 120 calorie snack (depending on the size of the apple). I use the Just Great Stuff powdered pb - Wegman's carries it! Trader Joe's also carried their brand which is good.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Thanks!
    eating fat doesnt make you fat, eating too many calories does. The only reason you need to count fat is to make sure your eating healthy and to make sure your getting enough of it on a daily basis.
    Thanks for your reply:) I just thought it wasn't very healthy to be eating more fat than what my food tracker said I was supposed to. I've found many low-fat/ nonfat snacks from previous posts, so that really helped me.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Yeah, I gave up candy for lent, so that's not gonna work lol. I appreciate your answer, though:)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    some greek yogurts?

Yes!

Just don't get plain, D:
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Slice up an apple and spread it with powdered peanut butter. 2 Tablespoons of powdered peanut butter is only 45 calories and 7 grams of fat. With an apple, it's a healthy 100 - 120 calorie snack (depending on the size of the apple). I use the Just Great Stuff powdered pb - Wegman's carries it! Trader Joe's also carried their brand which is good.
    Thanks for your answer:)! I'm getting a bunch of ideas from these posts, they'll help me in the future, too:)
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    greek yogurt
    raisins
    carrots
    protien bars ( nature vally)
    apples
    oranges
    fruits
    almonds have the good fats though
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options

I like PB2 with bananas
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    some greek yogurts?

Yes!

Just don't get plain, D:
    Mmm, I love greek yogarts! I just had a rasberry one :D
    Still have a 600-something calorie deficit, so I'll probably have something else like fruit later.
    Thanks for your answer!:)