your food budget-just curious

Options
2»

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It varies, but right now it's at about $200 a week for me and my fiancee (that includes essentials, not just food). NY is expensive...
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    We are a family of 5 and my kids eat the same amount (if not more) as the adults. I spend about $250 a week including household supplies and beer/wine. I do meal plan and shop around sales and weekly flyers. I cook most of our meals. I try and buy organic as much as possible for meats/fruits/veggies.

It is the snacking that gets expensive for our family. My kids are hungry all the time and they love nuts and string cheese and dried fruits other wonderful foods that also cost a lot.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I spend $200-250 a week on two adults, two teenagers, and two kids and a dog. This includes one vegetarian and two finicky eaters!!

Right there with ya for my family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids and a dog). Food and gas are killing me!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I have a family of 4 (myself, hubby, and two sons who are 15 and 12) and spent $400-$450 each month. I don't buy organic but we do buy 1/2 beef from a farmer friend that lasts us 2 years, and we just bought a hog and it'll probably last two years also. I like knowing where the bulk of my meat comes from, and that it is antibiotic/hormone free.

OP, I think you're doing great and have the right to be proud of your grocery savings.