CHEATERS...

Options

Replies

• pmdhardy
    pmdhardy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I go crazy on a cheat day and would not even think about the calories.. that's why its a cheat day!!! but I bounce back again the day after or the next..lol.. and keep chugging along.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i usually go about 2400 calories (my maintenance level) which is 600-800 calories more than what i typically eat in a day
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i dont try to have cheat days. if i go over or go off track, i dont count it as a cheat day- its just me off track and i try to get back on the next day.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Oh hell, on cheat day it's probably 3-4000? Hard core cheater here haha

Wow! I don't think I could eat that many calories if I tried! ... well, partially because I'm poor, and it's hard to eat a lot of calories when you're poor, but still!

The last time I had a cheat day, it was unintentional. I had already reached my calorie goals and then my friend suddenly decided to make Japanese style curry. That was the end of that! I probably went about 500-800 over, if I count both the curry and the rice I had.

Be careful with the curry roux blocks, they are RAMMED with sodium. I ate golden curry once at the start of my diet and maxed my sodium for the entire day ):

And on a "cheat" day I can also clear about 2,500+ cals
  • Lollypops44
    Lollypops44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Usually, if I'm gonna cheat it's on weigh day and yesterday I went about 1k over - not too huge but cant be repeated too often!
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    I have a cheat meal on Saturday evenings! Take away or home made burger etc, with a packet of crisps and a chocolate whilst watching trashy tv. (The Voice and BGT) :bigsmile:

If I crave something before the weekend, I usually just work it in with my calorie goal.
  • nhga47
    nhga47 Posts: 118
    Options
    Most def do have a cheat day. Probably ends up being only about 5 to 800 cals on top of my normal. I try not to ruin all my hard work. LOL
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Usually depends on if I am drinking alcohol or not. If I am not drinking with friends I usually only go 500-1000 calories over but if I am drinking alcohol I can go 2000-3000 over.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I Kind of have Thursdays and sometimes one of the weekend days where I 'cheat' but I still don't go over calories, I just let myself have whatever I fancy but within my calories :)
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    When I cheat it's a meal and not a day. I will work out pretty hard that day and try to eat pretty good the rest of the day. So I try not to go over, but If I do I go over about 300-400 calories for the day.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 5000 calories on cheat days in the past :smile:

I'm trying to avoid 'binge' days until I get to goal weight though, because my cheat days would turn into cheat weekends and I stayed at 130 for a year and a half after losing 50lbs previously without cheat days...

I'm allowing for a high-calorie, fatty meal on a Saturday and that is it!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I call them spike days and I do need them every now and again to jump start my loss if I hit a small stall in loss. My normal spike day is a free day I eat what ever my heart wants normaly 2000-4000 over my daily cals (easily done by eatting out)
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I can easily do 3000-4000 cals. And it usually involves Scotch. Or Jack Daniels. And then bar food (wings, fries, pizza, etc.). LOL
  • sarahjaynestewart
    Options
    Sundays are my cheat days.
    I eat whatever I want in moderation, I try to stay within my calories, but if I don't it's no big deal.
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    In the middle of a cheat week :( can't seem to get past 11 am without cheating humph
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    A cheat day used to be probably 4-5000 cals, now its around 2500. Not tonnes higher than maintenance... It gets better over time! X
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what I eat.. Some days its over by at least 1000
  • JessV_83
    JessV_83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't log my calories on Sundays, which is my cheat day (usually.)

This post has given me an idea, to log, for interest sake and see what the damage actually is!

I'm guessing it's probably around 500 - 1000 calories more than usual. But rest of the time I'm really good at staying just under my calorie goal.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    In the middle of a cheat week :( can't seem to get past 11 am without cheating humph

I've had that same week. :-/ Hang in there!!!
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    Odds are if I'm going to cheat, it would be when I'm at the borderline of my limit. It's rare, but sometimes I might be only about 200-300 calories over, which makes me want to exercise harder so I can get them back. ^^