52 lbs gone ... with pics.

Options
wk9t
wk9t Posts: 237 Member
In October 2011 I joined MFP. At that time I weighed 254 lbs and my body fat was at 38%. I had no energy and would become totally breathless just bending over to tie my shoes. To top it all off, my doctor diagnosed me as pre diabetic. That scared the hell out of me and was just the wake up call I needed. When I first started MFP I was logging calories and just doing light exercise at home. In December I joined a gym and I have been going 3 - 4 days per week ever since. You will see the results in the pics below. I am now at 201 lbs ... still working toward my goal of 180 lbs. My body fat is still high at 29% but it is going in the right direction. I ran my BMI numbers today and I am at 29.7 ... still considered overweight, but no longer obese (I hate that word). Also, I am no longer pre-diabetic ... not even close, and my blood pressure is in a healthy range.

I attribute my success to:

1. Logging into MFP religiously, EVERY DAY, and recording food intake and exercise.
2. Working out 3 - 4 days a week.
3. The amazing support and advice I have gotten on MFP.

BTW, I am 63 years young ... don't ever think you are too old to change your lifestyle and don't let anyone else tell you that you are. As the Nike slogan says ... "Just do it!".

Sorry, I am having problems with getting the image to load. The link below will take you directly to the image.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/WK9T/My Weight Loss Journey/P1000116-1-1.jpg

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Wow what a transformation! WTG!
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!!!
  • jenny2steps
    jenny2steps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, congrats!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! way to go!
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Lookin' Goood!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    you look fab! great work :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW!! You don't even look like the same person!!! CONGRATS!!!!
  • kaitlynn29
    kaitlynn29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fantastic!!!
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/WK9T/My Weight Loss Journey/P1000116-1-1.jpg[/img]

Great work!
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great, and if you don't mind me saying so you look younger in your second pic like 48 not 63. Congratulations! \
  • wk9t
    Options
    Awesome! You look great, and if you don't mind me saying so you look younger in your second pic like 48 not 63. Congratulations! \

That is very kind ... thank you!
  • lorification
    lorification Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job!
  • wk9t
    Options
    Thanks chuckles217 for getting the image to link.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I am about to hit 55 in May and am so happy to be going through this with friends here. I'm not sure if I could do it without support. I think you can do anything you have the desire to do. Great job!
  • wk9t
    Options
    You look awesome! I am about to hit 55 in May and am so happy to be going through this with friends here. I'm not sure if I could do it without support. I think you can do anything you have the desire to do. Great job!

Thanks, I'll be 64 in May ... on the 16th.
  • Alexc2012
    Alexc2012 Posts: 20
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! I agree with cutie2b,You really look much younger. Keep up the good work!!! You are an inspiration to many people :bigsmile:
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!