My journey......

Options
I was turned on to MFP by my roommate just today, although he has been talking about it for about a week. I love the accountability. Frankly I have been waiting to watch and see what I can put on here and where I should be cutting back, but I like that I am accountable to me. With the economy the way it is, at 37 with a Master's I am considering joining the Military reserves but have to get back in shape. This is the perfect way for me to track along the way and "see" what I am eating. So, I am open to new friends to motivate and help motivate along the way. Best of luck to you all!

Chris

Replies

• HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chris,

Welcome to MFP. I'm relatively new to this as well and I also like the accountability. Even though I felt like I ate relatively healthy foods, I was not being honest with myself about the quantity that I was eating and didn't realize how fast the calories can add up until I started logging it. I found that logging the food has really helped me to conscientiously eat. Logging the exercise burns also has been very motivating for me. I've lost 13 pounds since February and I joined MFP in March. I have a long way to go but eating right and exercising has instant gratification in how good it makes you feel, so I'm hoping to stick with this as a permanent lifestyle change. Good luck on your own journey and I hope you find MFP as helpful as I have found it to be for me. Feel free to friend me if you like for some added support and motivation to get in shape.

Amy
  • Phobix
    Phobix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice post Chris,

Next up, starting P90X =D