somebody HELP this unmotivated gal!

Options
ok, i was doing really good on here for a while. Then all of a sudden its like this place didnt exist any more. Im ready to get back on the band wagon but have NO motivation to pack my lunches and snacks and get myself back into that groove!!!!

What should I do?

Replies

• Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    Suck it up and do it anyway. No one can do it for you.
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    spend all your lunch hour reading the nutritional information at the fast food restaurants. when you finally come to the conclusion that it all sucks, then go to the grocery and get some baby carrots, yogurt and pretzels to tide you over, until you can get home.

repeat the above scenario until you are ready to pack your lunch!

c'mon on, you can do it!
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Look at your goals again, think of the emotions these raise. Take a look at the success stories, you will be posting your succeses too! Get some exercise, dance in every room of your home and laugh your head off! It will make you feel better.
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. While it may take time I promise the results will be worth it. Better health & you'll be setting an example for your kids that WILL affect them for the rest of their lives. DO NOT GIVE UP! For every person on here struggling there are dozens of success stories to keep them going. Use our success to motivate you towards your success!
  • fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I too just got back on here since I joined forever ago. I need motivation as well. If you want we could keep each other motivated to push harder and keep each other accountable. I just joined a challenge that is 13 weeks long and am only on day 2 getting back with it. Let me know!!! :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Chat here for a bit and read some of the success stories. Good luck! You can do it!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    check out the incredibly hot chicks on this site. the ones who have remarkable before and after pics. they worked hard. they packed their lunches and snacks. they got up off the couch and moved their a$$es. if you want it bad enough you will find a way.

Set reasonable, reachable goals.

quit whining about it and just do it.
  • bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself what happened to make this place not exist in your life anymore and make a mental note of that. Did this attribute to you not focusing on yourself and your weight loss goals? You need to "book" your time on here as you would any other appointment you would make. It is so hard to get motivated yet alone re-motivated! I make myself get on here everyday and log what I have done. Soon it will become a habit....taking care of yourself and your weight loss needs to be a priority in your life....you can do this!!!!!:smile:
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Think about the reasons why you came here in the first place. For me, there were a few, but the thing that made me really get serious is seeing myself in pictures and not recognizing who I had become. I want my life back and I'm taking control of it! You are the only one who can ultimately get yourself motivated, so just remind yourself why you want this. Nothing in life comes easy and we have to work hard for what we want. You can do this!!!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It's good to have you back!

Sometimes, life just...happens. It says alot about you that you are here giving it another try, because many people who fall off the wagon never manage to climb back on. For that, I am so proud of you!

IM me if you need ANYTHING at all - I got your back girl!!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm fully aware that its up to me to make it happen. Just needed the extra push. Thanks for the comments.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals ahead of time - this is a great way to make you realise how fast teh calories add up if you don't pay attention.
    But, if you don't eat the way you planned, log it anyway. One bad day of eating is not going to ruin everything, and the good days do eventually add up and outweight the bad ones.
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I bring healthy choice meals for lunch at work. No its not me packing a lunch, but it's not take out or cafeteria food either.

Or make extra of whatever you have for dinner, pack it before you you even eat dinner, put it in the fridge in a cooler bag with some snacks and you are already good to go for the morning.
  • alcidezx3
    Options
    you can do it! Try packing you food the night before so that you have it set in the morning.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday the night before. Very hard to do all that with trying to get out the door to go to work etc. otherwise.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and do it anyway. No one can do it for you.

^^^ This...

Put ya big girl panties on and get busy livin' or get busy dyin'....
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I always look at the success stories! some peoples transformations are so amazing you can't help but hop off your bootay and get to start reaching your goal! Or go to http://pinterest.com/ and look at the fitness section! (that always helps me) Once I got a food scale and a HRM my life changed! These tools put everything into perspective for me! worth a try!!! good luck!! Everyday that goes by you're going to wish you started one day/week/month earlier! I'm sure kicking my self!!
  • MeganRayeRob
    MeganRayeRob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me, the shift from slacking off and making excuses to being diligent about this stuff happened when I realized that the only person I was hurting with my excuses was me. The only person that I was deceiving by not being ruthlessly honest about what I ate everyday was me. I don't always make great food choices, but I am super honest about them!

Be kind to yourself! Treat yourself well by taking care of your body - you are so worth it!!! You are incredibly valuable and we all treat things we value well.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    **COME ON!!! YOU WANT TO GO TO CANCUN AND LOOK SEXY!!! IF THAT'S NOT MOTIVATION, WHAT IS?! :wink:

Do it for a couple of days at a time so that it doesn't seem so tedious having to do it every day! (I take the bagged salad and break it down into several bags so that all I have to do is grab and go).

Is this something for just at home or are you working? If you are working, bring a couple of days worth of 'stuff' so that you only have to gather it together 2x a wk.

Another thing I do is keep "go to" things in my car (since I'm in class all day)... Protein bars, Protein shakes, etc. People have their own opinions on these things but for me they are my staples... it's better than resorting to fast food or other crap if I am feeling lazy! :)

Your 'funk' is out of your system... You KNOW what you need to do and you can do this... We all have our down days, but the point is to shake it off and get back to it!

Feel free to add me if you want!

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • 12Silverroses
    Options
    Write down at least 10 things for which you are grateful. I have 10 fingers and 10 toes. I can get out of bed every day by myself. I can have the freedom to speak my mind, etc. Then write down how much more grateful you could be if you stick to it. I would be grateful to go up stairs without my knees hurting. I would be grateful to be able to mount my horse without a mounting block. I would be grateful to be able to run without hurting. Then right down how you can mindfully achieve these "Grateful Ifs..." If I do my lunges and leg extensions it will stregthen my knee. If I loose weight it will help my hurt less AND move more. Everytime you get demotivated try it again.

You could also try packing your veggies for the week on Sunday afternoon. (Lemon juice helps keep Apples from browning.) Make a couple of healthy meals on Saturday, divide them up and put them in Ziploc containers for the week. That way in the morning it is grab and go.