birthday cake

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
anyone have a good low cal recipe? or alternative?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1 box of cake mix, 2 egg whites, 1 can of diet soda. Whatever kind of cake and diet soda flavors you think will go together. so... chocolate cake=diet coke. white cake=diet 7up. strawberry cake=diet cherry 7up. you get the idea.

mix all three ingredients, beat it up so it's fluffy, and bake for the usual time.

the egg whites add 34 cals to the entire cake, and the calories for the cake mix only are on the box. this saves you the calories that are in the OIL, which is a lot.

you can frost it with lite cool whip, or fat free sugar free pudding, whatever you like.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm going to have to try that.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that is so creative, thank you! although i am going to need something firmer for the frosting so i can write on the cake, but the cake itself is such a great idea!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I heard that the egg is not needed. Only 1 box of cake mix and 1 can of diet soda.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8994-diet-pop-cake?hl=pop+cake&page=1#posts-63765
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have made it both ways, without the egg white it comes out a little flat. Doesn't rise as much as it should. and since it only adds 34 calories to the entire cake, I include it.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I have made it both ways, without the egg white it comes out a little flat. Doesn't rise as much as it should. and since it only adds 34 calories to the entire cake, I include it.
    Ooohh. i wouldn't know b/c I have yet to make this cake.
    Thanks for letting us know. I want hubbz to make this cake for my 30th birthday tomorrow.
    We shall see!

Thanks again!

~Jo :flowerforyou: