How much weight did you lose in your first 1 - 2 weeks on MF

Options
I really need some motivation, I only just started the MFP calorie counter less than a week ago and I'm worried that when I step on the scales that I will see a massive gain. It's so unusual the concept to me that I can eat whatever I want (albeit healthy food mostly) and still lose weight if I stick to my calorie intake for the day.

How much weight did you intially lose when you joined MFP and followed the calories they set for you?

Replies

• amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    during the first 2 weeks i've lost 4,4 lbs
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.6 pounds my first week, and 5.6 pounds my second week. I started at 290. Weight loss tapered off after that to 1-3 pounds a week.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 and I've lost 13 pounds...

I'm sure it will even out soon but for now, I'm happy with the initial loss.

Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. This site is better with friends and encouragement :D
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started at 240lbs and I lost 2lb in my first week, and have done that much consistently for the past 5 weeks, and I'm well chuffed with it. Slow and steady wins the race :wink:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I started at 251, and lost 3lbs my first week, 1lb the next week. I've been losing on average 1.5lbs a week, yet I only lost 3 pounds for the entire month of march. It sucks and feels painfully slow to be quite honest, but I try to remember that it's not a race, and because I'm not eating only 1200 calories a day, I'm not slowing down my metabolism too much, which will make my goal weight easier to maintain.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    6lbs in the first 10 days and I was slightly over on calories
    Somehow gained back 4lbs by day 20 on MFP, staying under my calorie goal
    Weighed myself again on day 25 and I was back to my 10day weight with no change to my diet or exercise.

Pretty drastic fluctuations and I almost gave up on day 20 - what kept me going was seeing how firm my arms, butt and thighs were becoming... almost cellulite free too which hasn't happened in a long while!

Don't let the scale dictate your mood or your dedication to life-long health and slim, athletic gorgeousness
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    7.5 lbs by the end of the 2nd week.
    I have cut out all "junk" but have still celebrated 2 birthdays and counted all the calories.
    After 9.5 weeks I have lost 24 lbs = halfway to my first goal.
    If I want to eat more I exercise more - I track my exercise/movement with FITBIT which links with MFP and automatically adjusts allowed calories for the day.
    Good luck!
  • calajane
    calajane Posts: 52
    Options
    I already lost 3 lbs and the weeks hasn't ended yet. So I'm optimistic. I weigh myself once a week and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I'll lose by the time the next weigh in comes :)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I have been here about 2 weeks. You are pretty light to begin with so you will probably lose slower. 1-2 pounds a week is reasonable. It isnt a contest just stick to it. :flowerforyou:
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs the first week, 2 the second week and the verdict is still out on the third week. I think it will be somewhere between 1-2 pounds. All the research I have read seems is that this is a healthy life style change amount to loose.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I've been banging away at MFP for 2 months now and lost 20 lbs so far. I have slowed a little after the initial flush and am losing around 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. Keep to your calories but also add the other categories which are just as important (protein, fat, carbs, fiber).

Keep at it and do what works for you.....benchmarking will only drive you crazy!
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    basically nothing and I'm pretty upset lol I've been under my calorie limit every day.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds the first week, 3 the second. I'm thinking 2 for the 3rd?! Whatever the scale says is fine. I know that I am eating a million times better than I was and actually moving my butt everyday. The scale will get to the right place, but I can't take for granted how GOOD I feel inside!
  • Prefessa
    Prefessa Posts: 90
    Options
    Zero for the first month, then I started "eating my exercise calories back" and gained 4 pounds over the next month, all the time the software kept saying I was below my target calories for the day.

Turns out that MFP was GROSSLY over estimating calorie burn for exercise and I was slightly under-reporting intake because I didn't bother to calculate the calorie count per serving of mixed recipes like Homemade Turkey Meatloaf.

I am not alone! So those of you in the same boat, read my post..."Frustrated? Before you eat your exercise Calories back"... to find out what I did to remedy the situation!
  • redtim22
    redtim22 Posts: 144
    Options
    Ive lost 9 lbs!! just finished my 2 weeks.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think I lost about 4 lbs in two weeks. Since then it's been a roller coaster. I'm either really good or really bad. In a year I've lost 12 lbs and even when I don't log I still seem to stay the same weight. It's not something that's going to happen over night!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i lost 6lbs in my first two weeks...
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lbs in my first 2 weeks, doubled it since =10.6lbs since beg of March :)
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    I started at 173 and effectively lost maybe 1-1.5 lbs in the first 2 weeks. But it was pretty up and down in those two weeks that I think it was really water weight. It really wasn't until week 4 that I started noticing a true downward trend.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think I lost about 1 lb the first week, but I've only used MFP a short time and refused to officially weigh myself because I was paranoid and didn't want to get demotivated.

In the 3 1/2 weeks since I joined I've lost 5.5 lbs. (so weird to finally say that!)

Maybe (big maybe) I could have lost more, but I'm a pretty firm believer in "eat anything I want as long as I stay within calorie count". I do work out almost every day.

Fwiw, 1 lb a week seems reasonable/normal to me from what I've seen on message boards. Anything over that is gravy. :smile:

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Good luck!