Sugar, Sweet N Low, or Splenda?

Options
ocean26
ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
Every day I have 1 or 2 mugs of tea. I use a tiny splash of 1% milk....but which sweetner should i be using? Will 1 packet a day of Sweet N Low or Splenda cause weight gain?

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Every day I have 1 or 2 mugs of tea. I use a tiny splash of 1% milk....but which sweetner should i be using? Will 1 packet a day of Sweet N Low or Splenda cause weight gain?

I highly doubt it.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I use everything from sweet n low, splenda, equal to purevia for my coffee sweeteners and they all register as 0 calories in my food journal. I use about 2 sweeteners in my black coffee with 1 teaspoon of cream and it is only the cream that registers at 19 calories.

So to answer your question, use whichever accomodates your tastebuds, I prefer equal. And to answer your other question, no it will not lead to weight gain. The milk is probably your worst enemy in that scenario.
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use the real thing-all the artificial stuff gives me headaches:noway:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    some folks get headaches, so if you are one of them, then you should avoid it, (duh)

but if you aren't one of them, sweeten away! with whichever one you prefer.

I like the blue one- can never remember which it is- equal? IDK.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    I use splenda in my coffee with low fat creamer every single morning. :drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

I use none of the above..............

Only 3 natural sweetners will ever cross my lips.........

1. Stevia (first choice)
    2. Raw Honey
    3. Agave nectar

I am cutting anything and everything artificial out of my eating plan.