Any other Aussies already sick of winter??

Options
Now I know winter hasn't hit yet but the cold weather here in Melbourne already has me wishing for summer again!! So I've been looking at the calendar and spring is only 21 weeks away - the perfect amount of time for me to lose this last 10 - 15kg just in time for the sun to come back out (and for me to dust off my shorts and summer dresses). So my aim is to lose 15kg by the start of spring - any other Aussies here with a similar goal??

I was thinking we could start a group and post our results each week? Just a fun way to stay motivated over winter.

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Northern Tablelands in NSW are actually having an unseasonably warm week - seems like summer finally arrived - but I'm dreading winter as we often have clear skies and overnight lows well below zero (unpleasant when I walk to work at 6am).
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    I live in Brisbane... I'm never sick of winter, we never see enough of it. Why do I live in Brisbane!?
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I live just above albury and we are having 29 degrees or just below and have had for awhile, I will be down your way end of next week. Actually I will be at Ocean Grove for a week and am looking forward to some cooler weather.
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo jealous of you all!! I should move further north where it's warm. I can't stand the cold nights here.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea to get through winter. I live north east vic, near the moutains so gets very cold sometimes even bit of snow, i feel your pain. Plus i hate day light savings being over, so much harder walking the dog after work.
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm just sick of Melbourne weather in general!
    although, todays weather has been amazing!!
  • ili_s
    ili_s Posts: 66
    Options
    From Sydney here. The weather is so much nicer and warmer and dryer now that it is Autumn than it ever was during Summer. I hope we will have an unseasonally warm and dry winter because i am dreading going for morning runs in the cold :-S
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Here in Adelaide we are having quite a nice week weather wise, but the daylight savings change has me depressed, for sure.

Boooooooooooo.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I'm in Brisbane and I LOVE winter! But we don't see enough of it here, so I go to Melbourne (where I used to live) for my winter fix :wink:

I am worried my fitness motivation may go down as it gets colder so please feel free to add me and we can motivate each other?

I have 5kg to lose and my motto is slow and steady!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh .... NO!!!!!! Temperature here in Perth has only recently dropped below 30 degrees after weeks of high 30's/low 40's... I'm still cooling down at the moment and can't wait tor real winter weather! Roll on chilly nights so I can FINALLY sleep properly :D
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I Agree With Peta!!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    in canberra last month has been horrible cept this week has warmed up... lets jst say we never had a summer?! legit never went over 25 don't think i would love to join a group i have lost 16kg got another 20 or so to lose and would love to look my best by the time summer hits!
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    South west WA here. And we're in a drought LOL although in saying that we've had rain for the last couple of days. I love Winter myself. Can't get enough of it!

Although you guys can keep your daylight savings.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Cold weather in Melbourne? Where? Sorry but I live 10 mins from the CBD & I was in a short sleeve dress with sandals on. I was still sweating then. I even got sunburnt waiting for the bus.

Hardly cold. Not even cold now.

It's 20 degrees at the moment & will be 28 tomorrow. It's only Autumn not winter & not cold at all. Friday is going to be 30. Wonder what you consider hot?
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    YES! It is so frustrating not knowing what the weather will be like for the day! ... talking from Sydney :)
  • jesska812
    Options
    Cold weather in Melbourne? Where? Sorry but I live 10 mins from the CBD & I was in a short sleeve dress with sandals on. I was still sweating then. I even got sunburnt waiting for the bus.

Hardly cold. Not even cold now.

It's 20 degrees at the moment & will be 28 tomorrow. It's only Autumn not winter & not cold at all. Friday is going to be 30. Wonder what you consider hot?

Ok well sorry I've obviously posted this a couple of days too late. I personally found it quite cold over the weekend that just went and was interested to see if there was anyone else hanging out for summer again and thought we could possibly motivate each other.
  • jesska812
    Options
    And ladies after hearing about all the glorious weather all over the country (I'm really not a fan of Melbourne weather!) and with daylight savings being taken off us I'm very tempted to move further north!! ;) hope you all come out the other side of winter healthier and fitter (but from the sound of it you'll all be fine!)
  • JodieElijah
    Options
    People feel the weather differently. I sometimes like to joke that my fat keeps me warm in Winter :) But I feel the cold terribly!! But i still love it!

And i'm all for motivating each other Jesska :) Its what we're all here for really :)
  • JodieElijah
    Options
    And ladies after hearing about all the glorious weather all over the country (I'm really not a fan of Melbourne weather!) and with daylight savings being taken off us I'm very tempted to move further north!! ;) hope you all come out the other side of winter healthier and fitter (but from the sound of it you'll all be fine!)

Move to WA. We're experiencing a drought LOL And yup, thats the plan for Winter!! Get on top of the healthy lifestyle and drop a bunch of kilos.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Id love the australian winter ,im from the UK

we had hours of hail and rain and the highest temp all day yesterday was 4 degrees in some places and that is spring :-P