South Beach

Options
Anyone ever go on this diet? Im just wondering thoughts and opinions on it.
I love MFP....but just wanted to hear "stories" about it.

Thanks!

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I tried the South Beach Diet and to be honest, it didn't work for me because I LOVE my fruit and grains. Doing the first phase, which you don't get any of those things was really hard and I craved sooo much that I just failed lol. Being here, I don't have that problem. I eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day, and I can eat my whole grains and I have zero cravings and I am losing weight and feel great! Just make sure you keep track of your calories, eat healthy food and workout!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I went on south beach a couple of years ago and lost about 10 lbs on phase 1 (2 weeks) and at the end of the 2 weeks found out I was preggers.
    I tried other times to go back on the diet and could not. I just could not afford the recipe's for their meals and after the first time on it, it was hard for me to stick with it again.

I dont think I will fad diet anymore after joining this website. I like the idea of eating what I want and still losing weight and not feeling robbed.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been on phase one for about a week and a half now....

After the first couple of days (which is the REALLY hard days) it's getting easier, but I keep falling off the wagon because I have to attend things on weekends that aren't tailored to the south beath diet (ie. I ate rice noodles the other day) but for the full week and a half, I have NOT had any breads, candies or fruits)

I'm pretty unimaginative so I've been eating the same thing for the past week but it's not too bad.

I have a poached egg and a V8 vegetable cocktail in the morning...some days when it's a work out day, I'll have two pieces of ready crisp bacon with breakfast. For lunch I usually have a grilled chicken salad with no dressing (i keep balsamic vinaigrette dressing on the side and dip my fork into it to minimize the amount of dressing I get) and for dinner I'll have a salad with a high liner's tilapia fillet fish. For snacks in the morning, I'll have a cheese string and afternoon snacks I've had veggies and hummus or cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese....

I really can't tell if I'm down pounds because of the diet or because I've been making sure to get at LEAST half an hour of cardio in every day (thanks to my Wii Active!!!) and I've got my one hour cardio classes 3 times a week. *shrugs* I have been trying really hard to stick with it and have been doing pretty well (if I do say so myself! LOL) but I haven't been too hard on myself when I "fall off the wagon"...the numbers on the scale show that I'm doing SOMETHING right, so I'll just keep sticking with it....I will re-introduce fruits back into my diet in another week or so I think...I really miss them :(
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went on this diet 3 years ago when we first started to try and lose some weight, and it definitely worked for us. I lost over 30 pounds and have been able to keep it off these last 3 years.

I joined MFP to help with the final stretch of weight loss that will put me at my ultimate goal. I still use the guidelines that the South Beach Diet taught me , but kind of made my own lifestyle out of it, which I believe is healthier. :smile:

If you're VERY strict with the program at first, you'll for sure see results!!!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

195441.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I went on south beach a couple of years ago and lost about 10 lbs on phase 1 (2 weeks) and at the end of the 2 weeks found out I was preggers.
    I tried other times to go back on the diet and could not. I just could not afford the recipe's for their meals and after the first time on it, it was hard for me to stick with it again.

I dont think I will fad diet anymore after joining this website. I like the idea of eating what I want and still losing weight and not feeling robbed.

Atkins and South Beach are not fad diets unless you make it a fad diet................

They are LIFESTYLE CHANGES.................

We have a group of folks in the motivation and support section that are on different types of low carb plans........

Atkins
    South Beach
    Protein Power
    Sugar Busters
    Their own low carb plan
    Etc............

Come join us!!!

There are 2 parts to it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/51576-carb-conscious-peeps-may-2009

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55179-carb-conscious-peeps-june-2009
  • blacKandi
    blacKandi Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost 50lbs on South Beach...Phase 1 only lasts for a little while. All you need is patience and wheelpower.