a little nsv for me :)

Options
So, I decided to up my cals and gained the initial water weight. Feeling discouraged, I decided to take some measurements to see if a months worth of effort had been worth it (though I know it was due to getting more active but the scales play mind tricks you see). Even though Im only down 1.2 lbs, it seems i have lost 6.5 inches total, and up to 1.5 inches in a couple specific spots! Not feeling so discouraged anymore! :happy:

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be discouraged at all :) That's an AMAZING NSV! I love inches lost. Sometimes that scale is just such a bugger, but inches lost is amazing! Keep up the great work! :)
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    6.5??? That's amazing!! What a great victory to celebrate!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Lots of people are plateau'd and scared to up their calories, scared of the initial gain and scared they will be stuck forever.

This is fabulous!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :happy:
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Since I learned some Zumba last night, I'm doing a little happy dance for you!!!
  • mariannelyman
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    thanks guys! i was also a little worried to up my cals, and even more worried after the water weight, but after takin my measurements, i also did a little happy dance! :happy: and im a firm believer in upping your cals and have been, but sometimes its easier said than done, but boy am i happy i did!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!