FRIED DOUGH, FUDGE.....celery?

Options
So i work at Six Flags new England....filled with all kinds of GOODIES :angry: . Its been a solid week and I have not caved into ANYTHING from the park.

I start my morning with my eggwhite omlet with light wheat toast for energy, and have a bananna with yogurt and sugar free jello for lunch! I see everyone in the grill lunchroom scarfing down the chicken tenders and steak subs and think....a year ago that would have been me. BUt not anymore!!!

Just proud of myself for resisting :) Cheers!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

I am so very proud of you!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    congratulations!

is there nothing available there which would be a healthy choice?

you are def. working in the right direction. when you hit the spot when you can realize that those foods are NOT "goodies", you will have made a BIG breakthrough.

stay strong!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i am proud of you too!!!:wink:
    i walked by a mrs. fields everyday on my way to work for the past year...and many of those days I would get a peanut butter dream brownie bar...calorie count 670 calories!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    They don't really have anything healthy in the lunchroom grill....they have a chicken salad but its fried and no low calorie dressings! PASS

And it really is funny how we use to do things like buying those brownies. I worked at Sears forever and alwayssss ate at Panera. Not mentioning the horrible sandwhich I would get...i usually also would get a cookie, and a caramel icy which is prolly like 400 calories in itself!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yeah. thinking back to old habits is disconcerting....

now that I know the calorie count of so many things, I am often horrified at what I used to eat.

the good news is....now we do know better, and like Oprah says-

when you know better, you do better. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So i work at Six Flags new England....filled with all kinds of GOODIES :angry: . Its been a solid week and I have not caved into ANYTHING from the park.

I start my morning with my eggwhite omlet with light wheat toast for energy, and have a bananna with yogurt and sugar free jello for lunch! I see everyone in the grill lunchroom scarfing down the chicken tenders and steak subs and think....a year ago that would have been me. BUt not anymore!!!

Just proud of myself for resisting :) Cheers!

Wow! Congratulations on your will power and dedication! :flowerforyou:
    Not sure if I could do that, what with all that yummy temptation! :noway:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Wow. talk about temptation! You're doing great.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'm impressed.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!