Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
Anyone recommend a good HRM dont know much about them at all, had a look on ebay and the price varies massively. Also watch style of chest strap? thank you

Replies

• FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think if you use the search feature you'll find this topic has been asked about 9999999999 times. Not trying to be rude, but after I see the same question posted so many times it's tough not to get a little impatient.

//edit..sorry. I'm really not a rude person, but really...use if you do a search for this there are a LOT of threads on it. best of luck.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    I'd recommed Polar it was £60 from Amazon for the strap and monitor which tbh i thought was a bit overpriced, but is has yet to dissapoint me, it's got all the cool programming so you can accuratly see what youre burning and the strap is very comfy and completly unnoticeable under clothing! So i'd say it was worth it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with the Polar FT series (their RS models have a big "start' button on the front which is easy to activate inadvertently but otherwise they're fine too and, I think, a little less expensive than the FT models).

Chest strap is more accurate than the ones that read your pulse on your wrist.

If you're running outdoors consider a Garmin. In addition to being a HRM they have a built in GPS for accurately measuring your distance, pace, mapping your route etc (I think there are a couple of smartphone apps that also map routes) and they have great software for logging and analyzing runs.