help for women over 40

Options
i've logged on this site randomly for a few years. My weight has slowly been creeping up on me. I am 47 and I have recently started lifting more/heavier weights. I workout 5 days a week, I've just started logging my calories again, and am now trying to eat "clean" or at least cleaner. I would love some suggestions and also some friends that are near my age that have had some success. I need some support and hopefully i will be able to offer some support. I think I need an "accountability" partner because I have a tendency to stop logging my meals and food after a few weeks.
Thanks in advance for any tips!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    46 yrs young here, the best advice I can give from my own personal experience at losing this weight at this age is cut down the carbs to around 100 a day and balance that with protein intake. I didn't have to worry so much about carbs when I was younger but now they pack on the pounds. I've actually had better success with a higher ratio of good fats and less carbs. You have to experiment to see what works for you. (a peek at your diary shows you are already doing this). And weight loss is so slow and it's up and down but not a direct downward loss. Two steps forward, one step back..........but just keep going no matter what the scale says. Good luck, its definitely harder as I've gotten older but it makes the loss that much sweeter :)