Where'd my motivation go?!

Options
I started my journey 3 weeks after the birth of my daughter. I'm 7 weeks into this and am proud of where I've gotten so far. I've exercised regularly -- walking and/or jogging 2-3 miles a day and have really been particular about what I'm eating - sticking to my calorie intake plan. So far, I've lost 16 pounds - great! However, this past week, I have completely lost my motivation to exercise and I feel it is slowing down my progress. 6 weeks ago, I would not dare go to bed before I had gone for my jog or walk for the day. Now, I get home from work, cook dinner and am ready to collapse! I'm completely exhausted by the end of the day! Where in the world did my motivation go?! Any tips from working moms out there?

Replies

• Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    I can relate, wish I had an answer for ya but I feel the same way the past couple days, struggling with a bad cold and have lost all motivation. If ya find it let me know k??? Good luck, hopefully it passes.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    I feel the same way this week. Must be something going around!! I did not want to work out yesterday. I looked at my calendar and realized that I have lost 6 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks and that GAVE me the motivation to work out. I have 18 pounds to go and I WILL NOT STOP until I reach my goal. When you feel unmotivated, look at yourself in the mirror and realize how far you have come and how you don't want to go back to where you started. I felt tired last night and to give myself some energy I drank a cup of coffee with my dinner. Good luck to you!!