Why do I not sweat?

Options
2»

Replies

• donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    Do not feel like you are alone with no sweating. I do not sweat. I roofed houses in Abilene, Texas in the summer and did not sweat. I would have to take a hose up on the roof to cool off. I turn red as a beet, heart rate goes sky high and if I do not do something to cool down, I will pass out. I did that in a Zumba class one time, too. Scared everyone. I use those bands you put in the freezer around my neck. I have even tried baggies with ice inside my cap when I am hiking. I drink over a gallon of water a day, so water intake has nothing to do with me not sweating.

Just be careful about getting overheated. It can be very dangerous if you push it too far.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sweating is the body's way of cooling itself off. It is not a measure of how hard you're working, but rather how your body is adapting to the temperature. For example, I've had instances where I've done 10-12 minutes of sprint intervals (30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds jogging) where even though I was winded and my heart rate was jacked, I was barely breaking a sweat. Conversely, I've also had days where I've sat on my *kitten* in a beach chair doing nothing and was sweating like a pig.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Sweating doesn't determine if a person is working out hard or not. A person doesn't have to sweat bullets, to say that they have being working out. The heart determines if you have been working out hard.

Sweat is nothing but your cooling system. If you are working out in a cool place, you will not sweat as much. A lot of people on infomercials sweat a lot, because of the lighting. Men tends to sweat more than women.

Sweat doesn't equal weight loss.

I don't sweat a lot and I workout hard. I don't have step my workouts. Keep up the good work and don't worry about sweating.
  • Hotsummerrose
    Options
    Thank you for all the replys! I don't feel awkward now!! :D
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    At my tri club's spinning class I look like there's a lake under my bike, some others bike at the same intensity and barely have a damp forehead - everybody 's different (and when I was 18 I'd barely sweat at all unless I was exercising in really hot weather)
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you're literally not sweating at all, I would probably get it checked out. But if you are sweating a bit, even a glisten, count yourself lucky, haha. I sweat enough for three people.

Ditto. I'm the grossest person there.

This is how I am too! I need to wipe the machine down multiple times when I'm done on it!