Frustrated... Gaining/losing same lbs for 50 days!!!

Options
Just got my 50 days logging notice today. I'm starting to go crazy. I have serious mfp dieting ADD. For the entire 50 days I have been changing calories, macros, food, exercise and been gaining/losing the same lbs. :( Highest 139... Lowest 130... Usually b/w 137 and 133... I clearly need to find something and stick to it! I just don't know how to figure out what that should be?? The hardest thing is overall through the 50 days i have been in a deficient, but clearly just that isn't enough for my body. :( i'm guessing i've confused the heck out of it??? Help please anyone???

Replies

• cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just looked through my net calories for the last 50 days... I have netted 1200, 1400, 1600 and even 1800. My tdee on non-exercise days is 1850 (lowest, avg 1950) and probably an avg of 2150 on exercise days. Why do I keep gaining and losing despite always having a deficient???
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you flat out. You are going to get a million answers from folks on MFP and you will get more confused.

Find a calorie level and stick with in for at least a month. Get in consistent, good cardio work and do some real strength training.

Don't get caught up in the maelstrom of "eat back/don't eat back" every single exercise calorie.

Reduce your processed food, watch your carbs and watch your sodium intake. Get enough protein. Drink your water and reduce stress.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am close to your weight (130 now), and those calories seem too high. I am at 1200 net on non-workout days (which I have a real hard time with) and 1700-1800+ or so on workout days, which is definitely plenty calories for me. Obviously I try to eat well, and eat good calories, not junk ones. I run 5 days a week (about an 8:00 pace) around 25-30 miles a week. I've only been doing this 2.5 weeks, but have lost 5 lbs. I think you need to relook your calories.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    I'm going to tell you flat out. You are going to get a million answers from folks on MFP and you will get more confused.

Find a calorie level and stick with in for at least a month. Get in consistent, good cardio work and do some real strength training.

Don't get caught up in the maelstrom of "eat back/don't eat back" every single exercise calorie.

Reduce your processed food, watch your carbs and watch your sodium intake. Get enough protein. Drink your water and reduce stress.

Thanks! This is helpful!
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    I am close to your weight (130 now), and those calories seem too high. I am at 1200 net on non-workout days (which I have a real hard time with) and 1700-1800+ or so on workout days, which is definitely plenty calories for me. Obviously I try to eat well, and eat good calories, not junk ones. I run 5 days a week (about an 8:00 pace) around 25-30 miles a week. I've only been doing this 2.5 weeks, but have lost 5 lbs. I think you need to relook your calories.

I started at 1200 net and it led to binge eating. I burn 1950-2150 calories a day per my Bodymedia fit. A 750-950 deficient daily makes me feel like I'm starving. :(