Harry Potter Workout

Options
fitterpam
fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
Just supposed to be something fun to do while watching the Harry Potter movies......LOL

560581_10151462155330655_40640335654_23834264_640851429_n.jpg

Darn - it's cut off a little bit!

It says:
Everytime....

a spell is cast.....10 jumping jacks
anyone is awarded points....10 lunges
points are taken away.....10 squats
Hagrid says "I shouldn't have said that".....30 jumping jacks
A painting talks.....15 crunches
Someone says "He who shall not be named" or "You know who".....10 mountain climbers
Ron says "Bloody Hell".....10 butt busters
Someone cries.....20 crunches
Someone says "Voldemort"......5 push ups
Anytime a pet is shown.......10 bicycles
A ghost talks....5 push ups

Replies

• cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    haha thats awesome! I wish I could see the exercises though! :D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So fun! I should also do them while reading the books. I'm obsessed with HP.
  • fitterpam
    Options

I edited to write them in.
  • Bergiere
    Bergiere Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Right click on the picture and then "view image". :smile:

What is a butt buster?! I'm thinking I did that Monday when I had to step up on a chair for 3x15 each leg. I need a padded toilet seat!
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OK, that is HILARIOUS! I have to show this to my husband and possibly write them down...we spend far too many weekends watching Harry Potter marathons! lol
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    what about when volvemort yells nyeeeaaaaaaaaaa!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFy2K_jo-Kk
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wow. I've never seen the drinking game principals applied to a workout. Well done.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling an entire workout series based on the top ten movies of all time. FILMINSANITY
  • fitterpam
    Options
    So to clarify - I didn't create this, I came across it in my online wanderings. I love the concept of taking the drinking games and modifying to exercise games. I also recently saw a Big bang Theory drinking game, which I think could be awesome (especially on long weekends when there are 3 day marathons (who said there wasn't any fun in exercising).....

As for what is a butt buster.....I have NO clue, but I like the idea of the step ups....although in looking up "butt buster exercise" I also REALLY like the option of a raised rear foot elevated lunge - EEK!!! I think this may be MY version of the butt buster. So basically we’re going to elevate the back foot on a chair, bench, box, or any other sturdy foot support, usually about 12-18 inches high. You’ll put your front leg well in front of you in order to make sure that your front knee and ankle are lined up. In general, I tell people to exaggerate how far you put your front leg forward so that the front knee is almost slightly behind the ankle as this really helps reduce sheer force on the knees. Initiate the exercise by loading the front heel and dropping your hips as low as you can in a pain-free range of motion while staying really tall up top with a proud chest and shoulders down and back. Finish the rep by explosively driving through your front heel to return to the top of the movement. You can start with body weight only in search of front thigh parallel to the floor or lower depth and then progress by adding speed of movement or by adding dumbbells. You can even incorporate some very cool combination movements with this lower body exercise like adding a curl to press at the top of the movement or even by raising dumbbells overhead to really challenge your core and single-leg balance and stability. (from: http://www.myfbc.co.uk/the-worlds-best-butt-buster-exercise/)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    So to clarify - I didn't create this, I came across it in my online wanderings. I love the concept of taking the drinking games and modifying to exercise games. I also recently saw a Big bang Theory drinking game, which I think could be awesome (especially on long weekends when there are 3 day marathons (who said there wasn't any fun in exercising).....

As for what is a butt buster.....I have NO clue, but I like the idea of the step ups....although in looking up "butt buster exercise" I also REALLY like the option of a raised rear foot elevated lunge - EEK!!! I think this may be MY version of the butt buster. So basically we’re going to elevate the back foot on a chair, bench, box, or any other sturdy foot support, usually about 12-18 inches high. You’ll put your front leg well in front of you in order to make sure that your front knee and ankle are lined up. In general, I tell people to exaggerate how far you put your front leg forward so that the front knee is almost slightly behind the ankle as this really helps reduce sheer force on the knees. Initiate the exercise by loading the front heel and dropping your hips as low as you can in a pain-free range of motion while staying really tall up top with a proud chest and shoulders down and back. Finish the rep by explosively driving through your front heel to return to the top of the movement. You can start with body weight only in search of front thigh parallel to the floor or lower depth and then progress by adding speed of movement or by adding dumbbells. You can even incorporate some very cool combination movements with this lower body exercise like adding a curl to press at the top of the movement or even by raising dumbbells overhead to really challenge your core and single-leg balance and stability. (from: http://www.myfbc.co.uk/the-worlds-best-butt-buster-exercise/)

I'll have to check out that link! Right now I'm on level 3 of The Butt Bible, and she does that one-legged squat with your other foot behind you on a chair, and also a regular one-legged squat, and one-legged dead lifts. It's on youtube if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZBzZjE3oGM I was in serious need of a padded toilet seat for the last couple of days. I did this one again this morning, and it wasn't as bad. We'll see if I'm still saying that tomorrow!
  • claire3000006
    claire3000006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    haha awesome! watching order of the phoenix right now but already done my workout for today
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for posting!:laugh:
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    Bump