Do you really care about.....?

Options
Do you really care about the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, etc......? Do you think they would cross the street to spit
on you if you were on fire? I am amazed at how so many people in this world are so taken with these people who are "famous for being
famous"! Some people live vicariously through these so called celebs. Today lets start embracing those in our lives that actually mean
something to us. Let spend more time being interested in our families and friends. OK.......that's my rant. Feeling better. :)

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Nope...couldn't care less! Personally I'm rather confused as to why they're famous anyway. What the hell do the Kardashians DO??? WHY are they famous?
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    What is a Kardashian and why do I need to keep up with one?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Cardassians over Kardashians :tongue:
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Don't care one little bit. They are not part of my family or friends. I care more for folks I don't know who are in need.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreeance.. Have now idea why they're even classed as being famous. But then I don't understand the lure of Jersey Shore either. Maybe i'm just getting old?
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think it's like watching about a hurricane on the news... that everyone survives.

You're not personally involved, you don't really care, but you watch it because it's there.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Do you really care about the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, etc......? Do you think they would cross the street to spit on you if you were on fire? I am amazed at how so many people in this world are so taken with these people who are "famous for being famous..."
    If you truly did not care about these celebrities then you would have had no need to post this topic. You can't rant about something that truly doesn't matter to you.

After all, you are questioning why these people are famous and then you are publishing their names on the internet.
    -wtk
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    Do you really care about the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, etc......? Do you think they would cross the street to spit on you if you were on fire? I am amazed at how so many people in this world are so taken with these people who are "famous for being famous..."
    If you truly did not care about these celebrities then you would have had no need to post this topic. You can't rant about something that truly doesn't matter to you.

After all, you are questioning why these people are famous and then you are publishing their names on the internet.
    -wtk

You missed my point. When quoting, please use the entire quote. You left out the point about caring about family and friends.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Cardassians over Kardashians :tongue:

LOVE THIS!!!!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    You missed my point. When quoting, please use the entire quote. You left out the point about caring about family and friends.
    I didn't "miss your point." It was irrelevant to mine.
    -wtk
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Nope. People who live their lives through the celebrities they worship need better self esteem.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    -wtk

Thank you for your input Mr.Jenner :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    -wtk

Well then, maybe you should start your OWN thread talking about YOUR point instead of hijacking someone else's.

Rude much?
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Nope don't care at all. Totally agree with you on this one! I have better things to focus on in my life like my family, friends and my goals. Whenever anything like that comes on the TV or radio I change it. It's all mindless drivel.

*waits for the internet police to come and tell me how I REALLY feel*
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!! I can't believe how moronic and shallow our society has become to worship these idiots and embrace thier values. I mean really who care's what paris threw up for lunch today..they have not clue one about the value of money or what a "normal" person has to go through daily. and they make front page news... they keep shoveling crap and people gobble it up
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying this to make a point
    appear cool
    or different
    or somehow above pop culture

But I genuinely forget these people exist until someone mentions them, sure in 2004 - 2007 I couldn't escape them but I think moving out from my mum's/sisters has allowed me to chose which elements of pop culture I expose myself to & I feel a lot less angry as a result.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

-wtk

Uh....wow.....he was making a point, and using these people as examples to do so. There's no need to be so rude and bratty about it.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    THe only purpose these trainwrecks of human existance serve is to make Saturday Night Live funnier. Doesn't say much for SNL either.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly care about those celebrities, but what really baffles me are the fans who seem to want nothing more than a retweet from them. I follow a couple of Housewives, and their fan base seem particularly guilty of this habit.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I think it's like watching about a hurricane on the news... that everyone survives.

You're not personally involved, you don't really care, but you watch it because it's there.

^^This.