That was then, this is now... (14 years later, with pics)

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
Then... Spring 1998. I was almost 26 years old. Somewhere around 115 pounds. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, but I didn't have much of an appetite. Thought I was in pretty good shape. I took dance lessons and could swing, foxtrot and cha-cha for hours. But I felt like I was going to DIE when I walked a three mile loop through my hilly neighborhood, and it took a little over an hour. (And I wore padding to help in the boobage department.)

retro.jpg

Now... Spring 2012. I'm almost 40 years old. Somewhere around 130 pounds, so about 15 pounds more than then. I eat over 2000 calories a day, love running, and lift weights. I can easily run that three mile loop in my hilly neighborhood in about 26 minutes. (And I probably could have used a little padding to help in the boobage department, but I just don't give a damn anymore.)

I can wear the same size clothes as I did then. My hips and waist are about the same size. I don't have spindly little calves and twiggy little arms anymore. At this stage, losing more weight isn't going to make my clothing size any smaller. My skeletal frame won't allow that. All it would do is make me skinny. And I don't want to be skinny again.

(When I took the first picture all those years ago, I was going to sell the vintage swimsuit on eBay. When I saw how good I looked in it, I thought, "There's no FRICKIN' way I'm selling this sucker!)

Replies

• JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous :) I much prefer you *now*, very healthy and glowing!
  • crystalcreek
    Options
    I LOVE your story!! Thanks for the insight and inspiration!!!!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love this. :flowerforyou:
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jodie, you look so much healthier now than in 98! well done!
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Both Pics are pretty, but the latter 2012 pic, you look so much more confident and happy!!! Very nice!!!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jodie. You're much more vibrant in your "now" photo.

I hope I look like you when I grow up! :P
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What great then and now photos! You look amazing!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You look great and should be very proud. The now is much better. The confidence can been seen in the picture.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That is really amazing!!! You held onto that bathing suit all these years???
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Something else that I think is awesome is that you are still in the same house with the same dresser. Love it! :)
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Smokin!!

mask-smokin.jpg
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I love it!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    And here we see the anti-aging effects of fitness! :drinker:
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You look better now!!!
  • KarenC88
    KarenC88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the insiration for today. You look wonderfully healthy and happy.
  • a_dub
    a_dub Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

Love your story, and all of the pictures you took along the way - I wish I would have done that!

Great, great job!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Right now, you look like marylin monroe, just freakin gorgeous!!! Great work!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!