What do you use your remaining calories for?

Options
EmRobo
EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
If you had 500-800 calories left what would you use them on?

Most days I don't have many left, but the days I do zumba I can have 800-1000 calories left, but I don't want to just use them on sugary and sweet things which are unhealthy.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever have that many spare, but usually I'll add a few extra potatoes to a meal, or an extra portion of vegetables. I DO have sugary things as well, though - chocolate biscuits make up around 300 of my calories if my meals are already too big to add to.
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    I try to plan all of my meals around the total calories I'll have after my workout so I can spread them throughout the day if I'm going to work out in the evening. And then I HAVE to workout.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Beer. A good Imperial Stout will have about 400 calories.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I just look at them and how pretty they are. :o) I may eat back 100-200 exercise calories. Scared to go further than that. Or a light sandwich or snack. Maybe a freeze pop or smart ones dessert.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have the same problems as you. If I have had a day where I have burnt quite a lot I have trouble eating all of my calories back.

You could try eat some unsalted nuts? High in calories, good fats and has some protein. I had 50g of cashews yesterday and it was almost 300 calories and it wasn't exactly filling, so if you are looking for a snack or something that isn't too filling try nuts.

You could also try dividing those calories up and spreading them throughout the week. So if you have like 500 calories to spare, just add 100 calories to the next 5 days, that way you won't feel pressured into eating a lot in one day when you just aren't that hungry. I've overeaten once and it's not nice. I struggled trying to eat back my exercise calories, you feel bloated, sweaty and I just couldn't do it lol.
  • alexisguardian
    Options
    I often use mine on a smoothie. I put in a litte bit of ice cream, then load in the fresh and frozen fruit. That way I manage my sugary cravings, but the fruit is actually good for me.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter with EVERYTHING. It's healthy and delicious!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cheesecake.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It depends on what my macros looks like. If I have any fat left over, I fill that up first with peanut butter or almonds. Carbs, I go for a warm bowl of oatmeal. (Helps me fall asleep too.) I had a 900 calorie deficit yesterday that I just couldn't come back from though.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    martini
    scotch
    beer
    wine
    cheese

i am not a good influence. people should probably not listen to me.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I loan them to my kids. :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter with EVERYTHING. It's healthy and delicious!

Especially with a hershey bar or snack size miniatures!!!!!! (Uh oh...craving setting in!)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    food?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I take a moment and decide what would really satisfy me RIGHT NOW and then have that, making sure to keep portions reasonable of course. A mug cake with some chocolate chips and berries is very yummy...and still easy on the diary bottom line.
  • cljones70
    cljones70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea.
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I used mine on a Green Monster Smoothie yesterday. Homemade, packed with protein and nutrition! 80)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    alcohol...yea, I said it. I would use them to get drunk, hell I save them for that.
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    martini
    scotch
    beer
    wine
    cheese

i am not a good influence. people should probably not listen to me.

I love days when I wind up missing a meal. It means open season for the liquor cabinet!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I auction them off to the hungry.
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Protein Smootie Banana Shake...