I just ordered 30DS...

Options
... and I'm kind of scared for when it gets here. I'm a beginner when it comes to exercising. I haven't even worked up to jogging yet, I walk.

Am I going to be able to do this without killing myself?

Replies

• Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will be fine! The first few days of each level are the hardest but it's definitely not impossible. I ordered another workout DVD and I couldn't stand it. But I'm kind of enjoying this!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Stay on level 1 til your ready to move on..... and don't think you are going to be able to move on to level 2 the next day. I also recommend taking a day off in between your work outs at first. you will be sore!! LOL
    I am just getting back into it, I am on my SECOND copy of 30ds.... lol
    I am just about dying when I have to move today!! LOL
    Good luck! its a great work out, and make sure to ad a little extra cardio (jogging, walking, elliptical) in your work out too....

Enjoy!:tongue:
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes you will!
    Just take it easy, go at your own pace, there's no rule that says you have to match them rep for rep.
    Use small weights, or no weights, until you get the hang of it. Figure out what is comfortable for you!
    If you have trouble with any of the exercises, modify them! (Ie I had a hard time with jumping jacks, so I would jog in place or box when they did those) Heck, I even did pushups against the wall at first until I built up some strength.

Drink lots of water, oh and take before measurements and pictures!! The scale may not move much but inches will be lost!

Best of luck!
  • damweaver
    damweaver Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you know when to move up to the next level?
  • lynsie86
    lynsie86 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm a SAHM mom with an 18mo so I can't kill myself, I have to be able to function afterwards, lol. I've seen some amazing results with the 30DS and I'm really hoping it works on me too. I'll also be walking and hopefully jogging soon as well.

I do have hard wood floors. Can anyone recommend which mat will be best? I'm hoping to not spend a fortune but I also want to be comfortable.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My biggest advice... Slow down. First, this program is intended to be 7 days a week, 10 days on each level, completing level 3 on the 30th day. Probably not gonna happen (At least it didn't for me). Stay on level 1 until you feel like you are ready to do level 2. (I personally did Level 1 for 20 days). If you get to level 2 and realize you are not ready, go back to level one. There is NO SHAME in this! I would start out doing it every other day for a week or so, until you get used to the moves, weights, and overall routine. Do the modified exercises (follow the blonde on the right side of your screen). You, and only you, will know when you are comfortable enough to move on, to add an extra day, to bump up your weights, etc. Listen to your body. It will tell you what is too much, and what's not enough. Good Luck lady! You can do it!!!