Another new guy thread.

Options
What's up everybody. An online friend of mine recommended this website and so far it seems fantastic. I'm 21 and for years I was fine with my weight because I worked out while playing football and other school sports, but now I'm in college and have quit those activities. This past year I've really put on weight and its (to me) extremely noticeable. I've always had trouble maintaining a diet and working out alone, without team support. I'm hoping this website, along with some outside support, I'll be able to lose some weight and get back to a healthy level.

I think one of my largest problems will be cutting down my alcohol comsumption. I'm not a huge bar-goer, but I love beer and am going to have trouble cutting it out. What do you guys recommend for a low-calorie liquor?
Hope I can stick with this and get into a better routine. Glad to be here.

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    You'll find this website to be a great tool, and the support here amazing!

Lo-cal beers...maybe coors light? I'm not much of a beer drinker so I won't be much help!

You can definitely stick to this!

Have a great day,
    Nykkie
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    If you're going to drink Vodka and club soda is relatively low calorie. clear liqours (vodka, gin...not rum) Are relatively low calorie, but you have to be careful what you mix with. Sugary soda or fruit juice will get you in trouble fast calorie wise.

The truth is, if you really want to lose, you have to limit your alcohol intake. It hard for me in the summer when everyone is BBQing and I want a cold beer.

I put in the extra time on the treadmill if I know I'm going out, then just have one or two beers and nurse them.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hello new guy!!

Welcome and good luck!

This is a great site and I think you'll find the ease of the tools to be very helpful to you!

:happy:
    -Tami
  • cerberus8
    cerberus8 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the welcoming, everybody. Hopefully I'll get some "before" pictures up when I'm not at work for some extra motivation for myself. I'm thinking I'll cut out my beer, except for those special occasions where I work it in, and occasionally come clear liquor mixed with diet pop (soda for you others). Guess I'll go explore the rest of the forums. Thanks again!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome new guy!!!

Ahhh....the freshman 15???

At least that's what we call it around here at our college. Almost all freshman gain 15lbs their first semester here (beer and fast food).

Good for you on looking at lower calorie options. Beer does give you that famous beer gut, you know LOL. I think it's a wise choice coming on here and cutting down on the drinking. Your body will thank you for it.

Good luck to you!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: