Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Hooters!

Options
13»

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sweet mother of mercy I would stab every one of you in the face for a plate of Hooters chicken wings right now...

Seriously? You've SEEN my face. I can't do any more scaring... It's just not possible. I'm out of room. You'll have to stab my in the arm.

Psssh! You're beautiful and you know it now shut your face before I get to stabbing it.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    India tango hotel india november kilo mike yankee hotel echo alpha delta echo x-ray papa lima oscar delta echo

*psst* y'all done forgot a "delta" at the end ;P
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Were they breaded or naked wings? I worked there during college (yeah, yeah, let the jokes start now), and I saw how they cooked those little buggers. The breaded wings? Well, they are dipped in LARD before they are battered, which I could see having a lot to do with the calories. THEN, most of the sauces are oil-based, not vinegar-based like a lot of wing sauces. These are the main culprits.

REALLY?? This isn't a prank post? (No offense to you.) I've seen tons of ways to cook chicken and i've never even HEARD of dipping it in lard...that sounds absolutely crazy!
    crazy or delicious?!?!?! praise the lard!!!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Traditional buffalo-style hot wings are battered, and the sauce is like a 900:1 ratio of butter to Frank's red hot sauce :) Plus they are deep fried and the skin is left on.

In other words, 10 wings beat out 1 chicken breast in terms of deliciousness.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Were they breaded or naked wings? I worked there during college (yeah, yeah, let the jokes start now), and I saw how they cooked those little buggers. The breaded wings? Well, they are dipped in LARD before they are battered, which I could see having a lot to do with the calories. THEN, most of the sauces are oil-based, not vinegar-based like a lot of wing sauces. These are the main culprits.

REALLY?? This isn't a prank post? (No offense to you.) I've seen tons of ways to cook chicken and i've never even HEARD of dipping it in lard...that sounds absolutely crazy!

Obviously your not from the Midwest. Lard used to be a staple in the local diners.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Finally....one fattening food I DONT like!!! Not tempted even one little bit. Oh yeah, these and guacamole. Praise the Lord for small favors. Now if He could take away my love of all sweets, salty foods and breads.......PLEASE!!!!
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Obviously your not from the Midwest. Lard used to be a staple in the local diners.

Obviously you don't come to the Midwest very often, what do you mean "used to be"?

SOme diners are using healthier alternatives these days. The farmers still love to cook with lard, Wife's family reunion is definitely not a health food feast.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with lard?
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    What's wrong with lard?

On a quiet day you can actually hear it clogging your arteries.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Finally....one fattening food I DONT like!!! Not tempted even one little bit. Oh yeah, these and guacamole. Praise the Lord for small favors. Now if He could take away my love of all sweets, salty foods and breads.......PLEASE!!!!

Guacamole is like a super food, not joking. Avocado's are AMAZING for you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Pie Crust without lard isn't really pie crust.

It's like shoes without heels... just wrong.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Aside from the lard and frying, the basic recipe for Buffalo wing sauce is equal parts butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

Paula Deen has nothing on Buffalo Wings, except that's she'd serve them with Mayo to dip in.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with lard?

I'm with you. Dietary cholesterol has been proven not to contribute to blood cholesterol (wish the doctors, and 'nutritionalists' would catch up), and saturated fats are GOOD for you. My 40lbs down in 3mos was built on exercise, lard, among other fats...and protein lol.

Oh well, more for me =p.
  • barongaston
    barongaston Posts: 109
    Options
    Oh well went with grilled chicken breast just to be safe.
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go to www.fatsecret.com and type in "Hooters", it will give you all the nutritional values.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    What's wrong with lard?

I'm with you. Dietary cholesterol has been proven not to contribute to blood cholesterol (wish the doctors, and 'nutritionalists' would catch up), and saturated fats are GOOD for you. My 40lbs down in 3mos was built on exercise, lard, among other fats...and protein lol.

Oh well, more for me =p.

me too! lard is a natural delicious source of fat. not like disgusting vegetable oil which is chemically processed and has no natural qualities whatsoever. gross