I said no. I said yes.

Options
Mindarin
Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
Six months ago, my morning breakfast regularly consisted of either ice cream or a shake made out of said ice cream. Well, this morning, I woke up to a half gallon of Denali Moose Tracks sitting there in the freezer whispering my name to me. I opened the freezer door twice, and shut it twice. Then I opened it for the third time, and was reaching for the carton when something...(I think it might be called will-power) kicked in and I slammed that door shut, stomped my foot and said "no" outloud! (My cat looked at me like I'd lost my mind! )

Then, even though I didn't feel like it, I put on my exercise clothes and went out for a run. I say run loosely because...well, usually, I don't run. I spend the whole time warming up and telling myself I'm going to run, and then it's over... I had almost finished the workout without running. And I only had a half mile left and I thought, "If I can say no to my favorite breakfast, I can say yes to running just a little bit..."

So, I took off! And I ran, that whole, entire half mile. :) And I must say....it was horrible! I am not used to pushing myself! Just a few seconds in, my heart was pounding, and my legs hurt, and my side stitch was screaming at me to say no already! But I finished it. :D I finished it with tears in my eyes, and the sweatiest shirt I've ever worn, and I'm so happy for this little victory, I thought I'd share with ya'll. :)

Replies

• boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's just awesome!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    BIG victory. If you can do it once, you can do it again.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    Good for you!! I am proud of you and hope to have the same will power and drive!!
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Well done on the willpower and the run!! Keep up the awesome work and you will be at your goal before you know it. :happy:
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    you are amazing great willpower and determination!!
  • MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    Good for you., It's the little victories that keep us going. It can be very hard to run, especially when you are not used to it. Keep saying YES to a newer healthier you! : )
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Awesome! Those first steps are always the hardest, but it gets easier! Congrats!
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome! I can't get myself to run, I don't have running shoes though.. Keep it up!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yeah Good for you..I know it's so hard some days!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This made me smile :)

So happy for you!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    awesome! It made me smile, too.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!

@ Brandillyn-- If you keep an eye on thrift stores where you live, it may take a while, but sometimes you can find name brand running shoes that are brand new! :)

@ racetoplace/ipuffyheartco-- Glad to make you smile. ;)
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    Great job! Keep pushing yourself and great things will happen :)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Willpower? Running? I don't know what those are!! LOL

Good for you...what an amazing victory!!! :-D
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Great Job! I would like to offer my help.....I'll take that ice cream off your hands.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    That is not a small accomplishment! Very nice!!! Half a mile seems short when driving...until you run it. That half mile can last forever :)
  • shortygurl0815
    Options
    Great job! Before you know it, if you keep pushing for achievable milestones, they won't even seem that tough anymore... and you can just keep setting them up and knocking them down :) Awesome story to share!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!

If you'd like a friend who adores Moose Tracks (but says no, usually) and wasn't a runner at all before I made myself do it anyway, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    That is what amazes me about this site, the congratulations & genuine support.

You may not know it but taking the time to post your success, will inspire others, amazing I am so glad for you:flowerforyou: I hope you remembered to cool/stretch down at the end :)

Russ
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!