Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    There is no easy fix....if it sounds to good to be true it probably is a waste of money.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hcg is dangerous
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Also, I'd like to add that it feels SO MUCH more rewarding to see your hard work pay off and to know you did it by yourself and not with the help of a fad diet. =)
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've seen people lose weight with the diet and gain it back. This to me is like weight loss surgery..an easy fix! Just like the Gastric bypass and lap band surgeries..you must adhere to a DIET..so why go thru all the drama of surgeries and medications when the end result is "DIETING"
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    If this site can filter other curse words, why can't it filter HCG?

Come'on people, you don't need a doctor's supervision to STARVE yourself.... unless it's a psychiatrist!!!!
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For what its worth....

My mother is a Nurser Practitioner and did a stent in a Drs office who specialized in it a long time ago. She watched all the patients come and go on the treatment. She said they lost because of the 500 cal diet they also put you on. Once you return to normal eating, almost everyone gained the weight back. Her advice to others "don't, do it, HCG doesn't work"
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The HCG diet has been around for at least 40 years, I worked for a Doctor back in 1972 that had patients on it....any diet out there will start with

Check with a Doctor
    Eat At lower calories, lots of fruits and veggies
    Exercise

With HCG you get all that and of course if you are only eating 500 calories you are going to lose...but why pay someone....

It's better if you do it on your own without the crutch of HCG (in whatever form) then you will know how to eat healthy foods and exercise to keep yourself in shape.

BTW all the people that lost the weight 40 years ago...I never saw any of them that when they went off of it kept it off...they all gained it back plus more.

Exactly! Thank you!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I did and lost 32 pounds in 4 weeks, I was under a weight loss Dr.'s care. I lost 18 pounds of fat, especially around my belly area, I am now in a size 10 comfortably. I had no side effects

So you lost 18 pounds of fat and 12 pounds of muscle? And you call that no side effects :noway:
  • HBL2012
    HBL2012 Posts: 31
    Options
    Weird, Don't know much about the diet but I do know that when I was pregnant the HCG in my urine is what made the second line on my home pregnancy test..

Are you's saying people put this in there mouth?? willingly?? To lose weight??

*Shakes Head*
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    What COULDN'T be great/healthy/reliable about a plan that involves hormone-infested horse piss?:noway:

I swear, people will buy ANYTHING in a fancy wrapper.

My favorite response- Happy Friday:laugh:
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.