fight club

Options

Replies

• twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You are way too bad@ss for me, I would be scared.

If you change your mind and want to pudding wrestle, give me a call.

I've always wanted to try pudding wrestling.

I fight dirty so I don't know how that would work.

On a side note, this thread has given me a new goal. Once I meet my goal to get a tat consult, the next thing I'm going to try is some sort of fighting/ "self-defense" class.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I was banned from my psychiatric nurses restraining classes for being too rough......so I'm in WOHOOOOO
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Fights are no bueno. None at all.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    that lady has horrible punch form, and if the other woman was ready, would be on her butt crying.....

Her wrist is all kinds of messed up, but it looks like initial contact is from top knuckles, that part at least is good.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I would join for sure! I used to wrestle in high school and my (secret) dream is to be an MMA fighter.

An MMA fighter is just someone who practices at an MMA school (you could stretch the definition to just be anyone who trains in a martial style). If that's what you want to do go out and do it. Fighting MMA is a blast, if you find a good school you'll never leave.

You're right! I should look into this and see where it takes me. Watch out for me on The Fight Network in a few years. :glasses:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    no - i don't need to join rubgy or whatnot (i've been in roller derby for years) because this isn't to "get out my agressions".

this is to fist fight. which to ME, is awesome. Not to beat a b!tch's *kitten* - that still gets done when need be. I'm just talking for the sport of it all.

and seriously - why is "this isn't attractive" even being mentioned? who the fu@k cares if it's attractive or not. Believe it or not - ~some~ girls do *kitten* they WANT to do, without first making sure it's attractive. ~gasp~
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    that lady has horrible punch form, and if the other woman was ready, would be on her butt crying.....

Her wrist is all kinds of messed up, but it looks like initial contact is from top knuckles, that part at least is good.

She appears to be using some sort of hammer strike...although it is rather bad form.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    no - i don't need to join rubgy or whatnot (i've been in roller derby for years) because this isn't to "get out my agressions".

this is to fist fight. which to ME, is awesome. Not to beat a b!tch's *kitten* - that still gets done when need be. I'm just talking for the sport of it all.

and seriously - why is "this isn't attractive" even being mentioned? who the fu@k cares if it's attractive or not. Believe it or not - ~some~ girls do *kitten* they WANT to do, without first making sure it's attractive. ~gasp~

[emotionalteenager]
    "But boys need to think I'm pretty or what else is my life for?!?!?"
    [/emotionalteenager]
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

:drinker:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

I understand exactly what you're saying.. but I cant help you.
    My momma taught me to never hit girls.
  • cjfitnessme
    cjfitnessme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    can I use my feet like? "You Don't Mess With Zohan"
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options

If you're interested in sport, a fight club style setup is a horrible way to go about it. In a street fight, I'm hitting the other person as hard as I can, as dirty as I can, and as many times as I can. The goal is to hurt the person, to make it so they don't go home. An underground type of club would be better in that they won't be trying to kill you, but the risks you take physically are still very high. People in groups like that generally aren't well trained, or are and just want to hurt someone.

If you want the sport side of things, enroll in a martial art. You can find schools that do heavy contact. In my opinion it'll be a better test of your own skills, because you'll be training against folks that are themselves well-trained. It's also safer, meaning you'll be able to do it for longer without having to stop or take a break from injury. Anyone can win a fight 1 time; continuous success is a better measure of your martial aptitude.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in sport, a fight club style setup is a horrible way to go about it. In a street fight, I'm hitting the other person as hard as I can, as dirty as I can, and as many times as I can. The goal is to hurt the person, to make it so they don't go home. An underground type of club would be better in that they won't be trying to kill you, but the risks you take physically are still very high. People in groups like that generally aren't well trained, or are and just want to hurt someone.

If you want the sport side of things, enroll in a martial art. You can find schools that do heavy contact. In my opinion it'll be a better test of your own skills, because you'll be training against folks that are themselves well-trained. It's also safer, meaning you'll be able to do it for longer without having to stop or take a break from injury. Anyone can win a fight 1 time; continuous success is a better measure of your martial aptitude.

let me remove the word "sport" from my answer. i'm talking about the straight up fighting. except to the death, i'll take that piece out. I have zero interest in martial arts.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    let me remove the word "sport" from my answer. i'm talking about the straight up fighting. except to the death, i'll take that piece out. I have zero interest in martial arts.

Fair enough. Just trying to be helpful.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Can I be the girl who walks across the ring, scantily clad (or naked, if you prefer), holding up my sign announcing what round it is?
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I once knew a woman who liked to get punched by her husband. And her husband kept obliging her. Match made in heaven?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Can I be the girl who walks across the ring, scantily clad (or naked, if you prefer), holding up my sign announcing what round it is?

no.
    this is girl fighting.
    so a dude has to do it.

i volunteer.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Where do I get season tickets to this?

Also, I am totally in for Brett's plan as well.

I might go punch a co-worker right freakin' now, dammit!

file000.gif

I can't stop watching this. It's...it's...sensational.

You just know that old lady is in a fight club somewhere...

In a fight club? That lady IS Tyler Durden.

Agreed. That was more of a closed-handed smack than a real punch. Where's the jab?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

I can't say I would do it if it wasn't an organized sport. It's so easy to kill someone with just one punch. My close friend was killed by one punch, that's all it took. Now the dude who killed him is awaiting trial for manslaughter. Not worth the risk.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

no.
    this is girl fighting.
    so a dude has to do it.

i volunteer.

But nobody wants to see a half-naked dude in heels.....