Pole Dancing for Exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    I'll be jumping on a pole the next chance I get!

:laugh: Me too!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    I'll be jumping on a pole the next chance I get!
    :laugh: Me too!
    Now, now. The pole can only handle one passenger at a time. Please take a number.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did it for nearly the whole year last year. It's great exercise and really fun especially if you do it with a couple of friends. Really builds the arm muscles and really good for the belly muscles too. I only stopped due to money issues (I didn't have any haha). I would definitetly suggest you give it a try :)
  • BillieBrooklyn
    Options
    I've been pole dancing for the last 4.5 years, it's an amazing workout and great for anyone who needs to boost their confidence as well.

Currently I do 5 classes a week (yes it costs me a fair bit, but I am utterly obsessed) 3 Advanced Classes, 1 Prep Advanced Class and another class where you learn a different routine every week. I also go to the studio on the weekend to train by myself for a few hours.

When I first started pole I didn't watch what I ate (and up until about August last year). I lost a little bit of weight and gained a lot of strength but clearly my diet was the problem. Last year I decided to enter a major pole competition this year so it was time to get serious. I started the Dukan diet and lost a fair bit of weight, but to be honest after a couple of months I found it really hard to maintain and really expensive. Sometime this year a friend recommended my fitness pal so I downloaded the app to my phone and started using it. Anyway since about August last year I've lost almost 10kgs.

If you're doing pole classes I highly recommend getting a HRM and finding out how many calories you burn, as there is no other way to tell accurately as every class you do is different. This week in the classes I've done this is the calories burnt:

Adv Class 1: 300
    Adv Class 2: 200
    Adv Class 3: 325
    Pole Grooves Class: 286
    Prep Adv Class: 431

As you can see the results vary especially with the advanced classes all three advanced classes I do I do with different teachers so it depends I guess on what we are working on in class.

I love pole, I think it's such a fantastic way to exercise without feeling like you're exercising cause its so much fun, getting new tricks is such a buzz and where else can you work out in hot pants and heels??

If anyone is interested I also have a blog (excuse the shameless self promotion here)

http://confessionsofapoleoholic.blogspot.com.au/