I'm getting healthy because...

Options

Replies

• bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have to shimmy into my size 6's when I'm 22.

And I really want to run a half marathon, a full marathon, and because a crazy ultra marathon runner.
  • skinnyBellgirl
    skinnyBellgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do not want my daughter to be like me.
  • laurenlind
    Options
    -I want to live a long life.
    -I want to live a happy life, and as long as I am this large, I am so uncomfortable that it seems impossible to be truly happy.
    -I want to have babies, and I want to be an energetic mom who will be able to run, crawl, jump, dance, slide, swing, etc along with the kiddies!
    -I do not want to have a fat, sweaty, miserable pregnancy whenever I do have said babies.
    -I want to set a good example for future kids and curent family members.
    and finally....
    -I want to be able to wear a damn bikini without shame!!!!
  • AshleyCrappell
    AshleyCrappell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Self Confidence. I don't want to be worried about what other people think all the time
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I want to live to be 100 years old and look sexy as hell throughout all those years!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ...I have been the sick kid ever since I can even remember, and I want to find out what it's like to not feel like crap all the time.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm getting healthy because I want to live a very long healthy life, I also want to feel confident and beautiful inside and out. :)
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Keep up my 5 kids without feeling tried.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My friend has Hodgekin's Lymphoma. She needs a marrow transplant, but I don't match her. However, I still signed up to be a marrow donor so maybe I can help someone else not have to go through what we've had to go through. The problem is that I can't donate if I'm not at a healthy weight. So I've decided to lose so I can be able to maybe save a life.

Granted, I want to look good again and what not, but this is the goal that keeps me going day after day. It's the biggest reason I won't let myself fail.
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I want to be sexy!:blushing:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for myself, my kids and my hubby
    I want to feel sexy again
    I want to have my self esteem back
    I want to feel like I can be naked in front of my hubby without it being pitch dark in the room :wink:
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I will be free from medication and my cardiologist will give me the ok to start trying to get pregnant :-)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for my kids
    I have always wanted to be skinny
    I want to feel comfortable in my skin
    I have always wanted to run a marathon which is happening in 2012
  • SkinnyFranchini
    Options
    I'm done having kids and it's time to get that pre-baby body back
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i want it to take less time to shave my legs.

also reverse cowgirl
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to love the person in the mirror - naked/clothed. I'd like to walk into a "skinny girl's" store and not get the "what the hell is she doing in here" looks. And I'm tired of hearing that I "have a pretty face."

^^This.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Because.........

Neglecting my weight was starting to adversly affect my heart. My 24 year old daughter looked at me and said "Mom, I have always pictured you being such a huge part of me raising my own kids some day and I'm starting to worry that you might not be around then."

So......... I'm losing weight and getting healthy for the grandbabies that I haven't met yet...... and for my daughter, Ashlie.

Oh...and side note..... I'm finally doing for me..... because it feels sooooooooo good!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    ..... I was dying. My body ached, my blood pressure was out of control, my sodium and sugar and junk food intake was at an all-time high. I don't want to have a stroke or a heart attack in the McDonald's drive thru line with my kids in the back seat.

..... I want to give my children the family they deserve. A lot of people think that big is beautiful. Well, unhealthy is not a pretty sight. I don't want to marry a man and expect him to one day be my caregiver when I'm 820 lbs. and can't get out of the bed. I want to be a partner with someone and give my children a mom that can train with them when they're in sports and a mom that can save their lives if they're in trouble.

..... I want to respect myself. I felt trapped when I was heavier and still sometimes do. I want to know that my choices are better today than they were this time last week, last month and last year. I am a work in progress... but without the 'work' on my part, there's no 'progress' on my part either. I have to do it because no one else is going to do it for me.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I plan to take over the entire world... getting healthy boosts my confidence, helps me run faster, punch people harder, and... ya gotta start somewhere, right? And I wanna go out with a bang.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I want to lower my cholesterol without taking meds. Because I'm worth it, I know I can do it.