Need Tips on Staying Motivated to lose weight and excercise.

Options
I was a lucky one, up til 3 years ago I had maintained healthy weight, and was trim and fit without having to go to the despised gym. All that has changed. I've gained 50 lbs over the past year and half, and I need to get serious. I joined a gym and just got back into this calorie counting.

The problem is I absolute hate working out. Outside of yoga, I get bored, and quit the machine as soon as I can. Add that to my minimal restraint when cookies are around, and it adds up to no weight loss.

Any Tips on Staying or even Getting Motivated to Move and Diet ? I need help.

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    join one of the groups in the message board. There's several different kinds of groups...motivational, supportive, different sorts of exercise groups. Everyone helps each other out! It's def a good idea to join one if you need motivation :flowerforyou: good luck!
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Try workout videos.. you don't get bored of them I find.... and I know it motivates me to look at fit girls (try oxygen magazine).... and also when I don't want to work out or something I think about how unhappy I am at this weight and how much I want to achieve my goal. I feel guilty if I don't work out now... good luck with it!! Remember it takes 21 days for something to become a habit
  • coachkathy
    coachkathy Posts: 35
    Options
    click on my profile & check out my website. there are tons of home fitness programs that are AWESOME! i would love to help you out! :smile:
  • Krowe
    Krowe Posts: 14
    Options
    I used to hate going to the gym too. but Ive found that the moe i went the more i got used to it. now i find that if my session in the gym isnt long enough (bearing in mind the longest session i do is an hour) then i feel like I havent dont enough. If I can start to enjoy the gym im sure you'll be able to. so dont give up hope. I find that challenging myself to burn off a certain amount of calories in a time sacle helps to keep me motivated! hope this helps!!