Sugars?

Options
Do you guys watch your sugar intake? I saw something on TV about it the other day, so it got me wondering. I came over to MFP and added sugar to my daily food log. OMG. I was over my daily intake for sugar after my bowl of cereal and banana this morning. Seriously? It was just honey nut cheerios for goodness sake.

What do you think? Something to try to cut back on and watch from the sidelines, or not as important in weight loss or ????? Thoughts!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Do you guys watch your sugar intake? I saw something on TV about it the other day, so it got me wondering. I came over to MFP and added sugar to my daily food log. OMG. I was over my daily intake for sugar after my bowl of cereal and banana this morning. Seriously? It was just honey nut cheerios for goodness sake.

What do you think? Something to try to cut back on and watch from the sidelines, or not as important in weight loss or ????? Thoughts!

It's not really important for weight loss, calories are most important.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I try to only get my sugars from fruits. Cereal was actually one of the first things I cut (even the "healthy" ones were really high!). Also, flavored yogurts can be really bad offenders as well. When I finally decided to cut sugars, I started to see big changes so to me, it's worth it.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy