My thumb is swollen, HELP!

2»

Replies

• sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    You'll get better advice if you have medical insurance and call your medical advice line. It is free. Just call the 800# that's printed on the back of your insurance card.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    It's not a matter of negativity. It's common sense...
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    Well unless you are a fan of losing your thumb and possibly much worse you need to see a doctor.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Im 18 and a junior in High School, maybe to you its "common sense", but for me its serious question.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    I would go show your mom your thumb and tell her you need to see a doctor. My son is 13, and I'd want him to tell me if an injury was getting worse.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCe2FBf0tgB1vLqyzfWmtndvDleTBdKimmcOK2wJo-ncViuu6zzg
  • jde8767
    jde8767 Posts: 6 Member
    You should get it checked out. In your case the nail polish was probably the biggest mistake. You trapped whatever it is under your nail/skin.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Cellulitis of the thumb or a herpetic whitlow.

Get ye to an urgent care facility.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Use it to your advantage and go hitchhiking.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    As its posted under "Chit-chat, fun and games" banner - I think you should wait and see what other colors it will turn too...a rainbow be good.

Anyway when you bite your nails so short preferable polish color options shoud be translucent or natural colors. Green attract too much attention to "well bitten' nails. :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Definitely go to the doctor! You don't want to end up sick or dead!!! Good luck!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Need pic.