Problems with my Polar FT4- HELP???

Options
I have a HRM, new to me but previously owned. It works fine out of the water, but once submerged, it doesnt. It is made for swimming. It says to check the transmitter but worked fine as soon as i got out of the water again. any ideas???????

Replies

• lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Does it say "water resistant" or give a depth on the back? If it just says resistant then it is not made for swimming, just made to not get ruined if splashed, etc. If the buttons have been pushed under water then it loses it's water resistance. Has it worked before when swimming and stopped working or did it never work while swimming?
  • CoconutExpress
    Options
    The FT4 is resistant up to 30m - swimming will usually exert much more pressure than that on your watch. I think the usual suggestion for a swim watch is at least water resistant to 100M.

Maybe try calling Polar to ask for advice and tips and to see if they intended that item to be worn for swimming.
  • luv2scrapbook
    Options
    This one IS meant for swimming. I checked the website for trouble shooting but didnt find anything for of it works sometimes. Ill try contacting them, thank you.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a different Polar FT4 than me, then it's NOT made for swimming. It's water resistant, not water proof.

Perhaps try changing the battery to see if that helps. Otherwise, I say it's pretty much done for.
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    Light swims should be okay, but no buttons should ever be pushed while under water. If you recently change a battery, the seal may have been compromised. In any case, the watch is water resistant, not waterproof.
  • erh12275
    erh12275 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This one IS meant for swimming. I checked the website for trouble shooting but didnt find anything for of it works sometimes. Ill try contacting them, thank you.

Please let us know what you find out. I have an FT4 that I just bought and it does say I can use it in water...but I don't want to if I will have problems. I wanted to use it for my water aerobics.