Looking for more friends!!

Ah yes, this is my cry for help (..or I guess my "personal ad" for MFP). :)

I have a few friends on here (great people by the way!) but I don't really feel like they are a support system for me. Yes, I will get a occasional "Good job!" or something similar, but it just doesn't feel like enough. I try to be as supportive as I can for everyone, but this thing gets boring sometimes just getting on and logging my food/exercise. Unfortunatey, I easy fall off the bandwagon and would like to find someone to push me and hold me accountable.

I am 22 years old, married, no kids, work full time, go to school full time online, and have about 85lbs to lose. I am 5'6 and currently sit around 225lbs. Anyone can add me, but I am looking for an MFP "soul mate". ;) You know, that special someone(s) to go down the weight loss journey with.
:)

Replies

• jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Hi, I'm 31 married, no kids but I do have 3 dogs & 1 cat which I consider my kids. :smile: I have been using mfp for a couple of years but recently started adding friends and they have helped me so much. I have lost about 60lb's and I have 8 more to go to get to my goal weight and 18lbs to go to get to my ultimate goal weight. I am on everyday and try to motivate all of my friends. Feel free to add me.
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Hi, I'm 31 married, no kids but I do have 3 dogs & 1 cat which I consider my kids. :smile: I have been using mfp for a couple of years but recently started adding friends and they have helped me so much. I have lost about 60lb's and I have 8 more to go to get to my goal weight and 18lbs to go to get to my ultimate goal weight. I am on everyday and try to motivate all of my friends. Feel free to add me.
    I absolutely will. :)

I have 2 dogs which I also consider my kids. (Just had a big "birthday party" for my dogs 1st birthday today. lol) I have been on here since June 2011 but lost track and quit. So awesome about losing 60lbs! That is so inspiring! I see all the people on the boards here and it's complete motivation since I see people who are self-proclaimed "quitters" like me and they end up succeeding.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    That's awesome that you have b-day parties for your dogs... my friends and family think I'm crazy but for every birthday they have they get vanilla ice cream and they each get a new toy :)
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    I am also looking for more supportive friends. I'm 34, have 2 kids, 8 pets. I am 5'6 and 250 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    I am also looking for more supportive friends. I'm 34, have 2 kids, 8 pets. I am 5'6 and 250 lbs. Feel free to add me.
    Great, thank you!!
  • SARAH7378
    SARAH7378 Posts: 11
    I don't have many friends on here either. I'm 34, married, 2 boys, and looking for a job. I will definitely help any way I can. :)