Anyone with Acid Reflux other than me?

Options
Would like some support/advice on balancing acid reflux nutrition and weight loss nutrition. I manage it much better than when I first had it but at times I slip up. Please help!

Replies

• kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I take Prilosec every morning and if I avoid fried foods and alcohol, that helps. What are you doing currently?
  • BB2715
    BB2715 Posts: 5
    Options
    Definitly take something for that reflux. I take prilosec, and I avoid high acidic foods or triggers that can make it worse. I make sure I get enough water and watch the sugar. Small meals through out the day seem to help me. I do 5 to 6 meals and log the extra ones under snacks. Dont lay down after you eat, make sure you wait at least 30 minutes. Moderate excersie is a must. Dont overdue it cause that can agrivate it.
  • sydstar
    sydstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I take 40 mg of omeprazole every morning which is the generic for prilosec prescription. My pulmonologist has me on it daily to help control my asthma and because I have a hiatal hernia. I have noticed that the more weight I lose, the less acid reflux problems I have been experiencing. That is motivation for me because it is not okay when it affects daily quality of life.
  • PurpleStarKatz
    PurpleStarKatz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone there! I've had it since I was 18. (I'll be 22 next month.)
    I take Prevacid, and have noticed what my trigger foods are, that make it worse. Unfortunately for me, I've learned them the hard way. I avoid fast food (Anything fried and greasy is just a no.) and anything with a lot of oil in it. (Like pasta made with an olive oil sauce.) Also tomato sauces, chocolate, and alcohol. (especially tequila.) I mean, I have some of these things occasionally, but only earlier in the day, and only once in a very great while, when I haven't felt sick lately. Any more than that, and it will really start to affect me.
  • SuperSonz
    SuperSonz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all for your posts! They have been so encouraging and at least I am well reminded I'm not alone. WE NEVER ARE! :) May we continue to be an encouragements to each other. Feel free to ask me any questions about my Acid Reflux journey too :smile:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I take 40 mg of omeprazole every morning which is the generic for prilosec prescription. My pulmonologist has me on it daily to help control my asthma and because I have a hiatal hernia. I have noticed that the more weight I lose, the less acid reflux problems I have been experiencing. That is motivation for me because it is not okay when it affects daily quality of life.

I could have written this word for word about myself..... same boat!
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I used to use all kinds of things.. scripts, OTC, you name it I use it. it wasn't until I changed my eating habits that I actually got OVER it. I have cut out all soda, dropped the fat intake, and sugar consumption and even stopped taking any meds for this. I was completely system free within about 3 months. During those 3 months I did keep a roll of tums in my pocket but only used it when I absolutely had to. I have been living without this issue for about 5 years now.
  • SuperSonz
    SuperSonz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @smor27 WOW!!! Thats very nice!! Keep it up!