Sugar Cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurenWolak
    Options
    try fruit it always satisfies my sugar cravings!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    For me two weeks on phase 1 of South Beach got rid of my sweet cravings.
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm addicted to sugar. I use to always keep the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches in my freezer; the strawberry shortcakes ones are DIVINE. But I've recently taken to the muscle milk drinks; the pre-made ones not doing the powder thing. I call them my muscle milk(shakes) and renamed all the flavors into desserts :) I don't allow myself to have one unless I've gone to the gym though. I bought a case (24) of the light chocolate flavor from Costco, but my fav flavor is the banana creme (pie). They are my new addiction. I realized I will always have food addictions, it's just replacing the bad ones with better ones.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    As a previous poster said... I eat low on the GI and the day I started doing that I didn't feel like I had to have chocolate or sugar ALL THE TIME. It's great!
  • Taegan45
    Taegan45 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! Sugar cravings are usually the worst craving to get a hand on. Sugar creates a vicious cycle, once you have that one cookie, it sends the signal to your brain for more...and more...and more!! The best way to do it us to get your sugar fix from fruit, so not only are you getting the fiber from skins and what not but your getting a fast digestible sugar is well so that will hit your "crave" Sugar reeks mayem on your hormone balance to. A great sweet treat I like are called peanut butter energy balls, super easy to make and its sweet AND savory.

Its not easy, but once you understand why you cant have just one cookie it might be easier to resist....best way to handle it is to try you hardest not to give in. Theres far more benefits in staying away from sugar than having it!

Sugar free foods are okay in small moderation, but they can still upset that hormonal balance...not to mention create gas and bloating! boo! and it can actually increase that sugar craving because it sends a signal to the brain that good sugary food is coming annnnnd then you eat the sugar free substance and it doesnt send the satisifed signal to your brain so it can shut off the craving.

Hope this helps!
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You've described me completely with the sugar cravings and there are alot of threads about it, that give alot of alternatives/suggestions such as ones already listed here..a few others I found under "recipes" such as: 19 calorie cupcakes and brownies
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I practice complete avoidance. No bread, pastries, cookies or anything made with white flour, pasta, potatoes or rice. No sugar. Only low glycemic index vegetables. An occasional treat is eating a limited amount of low glycemic index fruits. I occasionally drink diet root beer for a sweet-tooth fix. If I cheat and have something it usually ends up as a binge, so it's better to just keep away from all of it. The cravings are virtually nil when eating low carb anyway. My biggest problem is that stress and anxiety bring on purely mental cravings for pastries and sweets that are tough to get through.