Quick Dinner

Options
Any ideas for a QUICK dinner tonight that I can pick up on my way home from work at the grocery store?

Replies

• dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    Lately I've been using frozen veggies for stir fry...seriously takes me like 10-15 min to make!
    And you can also add Jennie-O turkey breast to it
  • GoDoAndBe
    GoDoAndBe Posts: 20
    Options
    I may be a bit late for tonight's dinner, but I suggest a can of tuna with dill pickles, onions, light sour cream or mustard on whole grain bread or crackers, and maybe some chopped tomatoes with onion, feta, and cukes for a 2nd dish. This is one of my lazy girl meals, and my 5y/o will eat it with me.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    How about a rotiserrie (sp) chicken - no skin in healthy tortillas with black and pinto beans, salsa and avacado? This is something that I pick up when I don't have anything planned.
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey Manwiches on whole wheat buns with sliced
    pickles are yummy and quick!

Another quick one is the Asian ready-made salad that you just
    add grilled chicken to (you can buy the chicken already made
    and cut into strips). I

If you have enough time to grill, slice a raw chicken breast in
    half (like you would butterfly it) so that the grill-time is less.
    Grill the chicken breasts and some pineapple slices (make
    sure to brush on some Soy Vay Veri Teriyaki - mmm!). This
    can be made into chicken sandwiches or eaten as is with
    some lightly sauteed snow peas and water chestnuts. Seems
    like a hassle but this is a much quicker dinner than you would
    think! My husband is shocked when I tell him that it's already ready!

Delicious! :smile:
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just picked up an Organic Girl Salad (Italian Pomodoro) and nixed the croutons. Yummy! It's like 3 cups of salad...throw some pre-packaged chicken breast on top and call it a night! SOOOOOO DELISH!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    albacore tuna pouch in water (150 calories) 2 flour tortillas (97 cals each) . 1 cup of chopped spinach (30 cals) and 1/2 cup of red ripe tomatoes (9 calories). 2 tablespoons olive oil (81 calories). 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese. (20 calories) 484 calories total for dinner.

Sautee spinach and tomatoes in olive oil, add black pepper with 2 teaspoons of grated parm cheese. Sautee tuna in same pan with lemon black pepper and mix it all together in a flour tortilla. Fast and yummy.
  • katyp26
    katyp26 Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks everyone! im definitely gonna be trying these out!!