Can any one recommend a good protein powder?

Options

Replies

• mariannelyman
    Options
    Syntrax which can be found on Amazon.com it's got fruit flavors like fuzzy navel and grapefruit, lemonade, iced tea/lemonade, cherry, as well as choc, van, strawberry. 23 grams of protein for about 100 cals. No sugars. Hope this helps!
  • bainamanda
    Options
    This is an awesome protein powder and its only 90 calorise per 2 scoops. and iyou can change the flavor by adding different fruit or flavors. or by it self it is awesome check it out if you have question i will answer them!

a good friend of mine had a stomach operation and this was all she could keep down for a week! and its packed with great things for your body!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i use whey protein from gnc. i prefer the chocolate caramel flavor! its amazing and i use it every day. i have found that vanilla is not my flavor. it is plain nasty. tastes like chalk and has a horrid after taste!! bleh.
  • davessweets
    Options
    i use the Body Fortress. Only tried the Chocolate so far..but love that one!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    The best!!! Tastes just like chocolate!

Muscle Pharm - Combat Powder

combat_0.png
  • davessweets
    Options
    I just started on Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Chocolate last night and it's awesome especially if you use some almond milk (I just use the regular kind). It mixes in really well and tasted awesome. Two scoops will get you 52 grams of protein and especially the essential kinds you need after a workout.

I second this. I have been using this lately. Tastes pretty good, makes nice smoothies or you can just mix with water, milk etc

I can third this..I love this kind..i only use one scoop..but thats because i just started my up to 2 scoops now.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We bought the Jillian Michael's vanilla protein powder from Sam's Club to start out with. It seemed like the best value and was a little bit lower in calories compared to the other couple they had there. Not to mention, it has Jillian's picture on the front and my Hubby said he wouldn't mind seeing her every morning. LOL :-o)~

We like to make protein shakes. Frozen fruit, low-fat milk, 1 scoop of powder, and sometimes a little Splenda. DELICIOUS!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Another vote for GNC - Pro Performance Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Chocolate. I have been using it for 2 months, taste really good. I add PB2 to add a peanut butter taste to it to vary it. I have used Isopure before and isopure is very gritty compared to this GNC one. I get 60 grams of protein for 3 scoops, its low on carbs and low on sugar.

It can be pricey but get the gold card and they sometimes have one buy get one free.
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use pure protein frosty chocolate.. 18 dollars for a 2lb tub at walmart and it tastes pretty good, only 2g of sugar. No weird aftertaste for me, & it has 25g protein per scoop.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Gold standard whey protein! i love it! low in sugars (1g),fats(1g),and carbs(3g).
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I use North Coast Naturals 100% Iso Protein (whey). Tastes great, mixes so easy, no sugar, and nothing artificial.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Triple Chocolate Whey protein (doesn't have artificial sweetner, sweetened w/ Stevia) and GNC Lean Shake or Lean 25, GNC Amplified Wheybolic
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you're going to get a whey protein powder, make sure it's whey isolate - it has something to do with the processing quality. - it's better for you.
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    I just started on Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Chocolate last night and it's awesome especially if you use some almond milk (I just use the regular kind). It mixes in really well and tasted awesome. Two scoops will get you 52 grams of protein and especially the essential kinds you need after a workout.

I second this. I have been using this lately. Tastes pretty good, makes nice smoothies or you can just mix with water, milk etc

i agree i got the chocolate peanut butter man is that stuff good . I also put in 2 tsp of chocolate pudding sf/ ff and let it sit over night and it comes out thick and delish

ps any poo powder can be made to taste better with some pudding and flavors
  • Katie187
    Katie187 Posts: 15
    Options
    sun warrior or hemp protein but don't use if you get drug tested
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Anyone use Hemp Protein?

I had some Manitoba Harvest Dark Chocolate mixed with soy milk, strawberries and banana this morning and it was pretty awesome. 4 TBSP is 120 calories and 8 g protein...so maybe not as much as some other powders from what it seems other people are responding with but personally I'm not looking for 100g of protein in one drink...I'm more interested in a drink that will give me energy for my workout without filling me up so much that I feel too sick and bloated to work out. This drink plus an apple got me through my hour and a half workout and 4 hours of walking around the mall shopping, so it did exactly what I needed it to.
  • jennyerkes
    Options
    I recently started using Genesis Pure Recovery after workouts and it tastes AMAZING!! I have tried many protein powders and have not found one that tastes good without having to add other food to it. It tastes great with milk or water!! YUMMY!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    About Time Protein--

ALL NATURAL! Nothing that you can't pronounce in the ingredients. Tastes great!!!!!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    If you buy at GNC and don't like it you can take it back also they have sample packs.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few different ones but they all have a bad after bite taste that staying in my mouth.

The only one that hasn't is Vi-shape by ViSalus. The flavor is sweet cream and is good plain or you can add some of their flavor packs in it or what ever you want to make it like. Depending on if you mix with water or what type of milk depends on the actual price. The way I make it; it's been averaging less than $2 a shake.