Running Shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses, and I'm glad to see a concensus.

To answer a couple of the questions: Yes, he sized them a little big intentionally because of feet swelling when you run.
    He also looked at my gait and a bunch of other things to have me try shoes in the right "category".
    Also, while I usually run outside, I have run on a treadmill in my old shoes before and have not ever had any pain or numbness with them.

Thanks again, all!

I def want to second that your feet might also be adjusting to finally having proper cushioning and/or stability, so since you were coming from very old beat-up shoes to correct shoes, you may well need an adjustment period. Maybe call the shop and ask, and also ask how long you can try them on the TM before returning? Just a thought.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I took them back, and tried on 4 more pair. I like 2 of them, but one just a little more than the other. I ran 1/2 mile on the treadmill at the store before leaving just to make sure. (The ones I returned started hurting at about 1/4 mile).
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ran 5k twice in the new shoes over the weekend, and they feel great! So glad I returned the others for a new pair!

I also got $31 back because the new ones were cheaper. :)