Mom Of 2 Toddlers, Just Started TurboFire

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Angie and I'm a 33 y/o mother of 2 toddlers (ages 2 and 3) and I just started doing TurboFire this week. I decided to change my eating habits and lifestyle because I was feeling so fatiqued all the time and just didn't have the energy that my children deserved. I'm looking to lose about 45 lbs and my sister is doing the workout program along with me to lose roughly the same amount of weight as well.

This is my first exercise program in a long time so I'm starting out with the prep schedule for 9 weeks. Then I will start the regular schedule for the 12 weeks after that.

I used to be pretty fit in my early 20's so I have a vague memory of what it was like. I love cardio / aerobics and dance. It's been a while since I've actually attempted it though, so it should be interesting.

If there are any moms of young children out there who would like an accountability partner, I'm here. :-)

Thanks for listening. I'm just getting started with MyFitnessPal. Still learning my way around. Talk to you soon!

Angie

19070349.png

Replies

• abcdever
    abcdever Posts: 24
    Options
    I would love for us to be partners. I just started the Power 90 program in hopes of working my fitness level up to be able to tackle Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and then P90X. I'm a 33 year old stay-at-home mom of one 18 month old daughter and I've struggled to lose the 50 lbs I gained while pregnant. I've dedicated myself to getting to a healthy weight by the end of the year, though, and it seems like MFP may be the last tool I need to get me there.

The support and encouragement on the site has been AMAZING and I think we can really help each other on this journey. Good luck to you and hopefully we'll be talking again soon! :-)
  • angemarie23
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. :-) This site looks amazing so far. I'm was impressed with the food database and being able to keep track of my calories burned as well. It's very motivating to be able to enter that info in and see your progress.

After I'm done with TurboFire I'm thinking about doing a hybrid between that and maybe ChaLean Extreme. I've heard good things about P90X as well!

Looking forward to continuing this journey with you!
  • angemarie23
    Options
    If anyone else wants to join us on our journey I'd love to be your friend. :-)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 32, and my kids are 2 and 3.5.
  • angemarie23
    Options
    So nice to meet you, qtiekiki. :-) I sent you a friend request.
  • EB0910
    EB0910 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi! Mom of 18 month old twin boys, also a Stay at Home Mom. I'm sending you both a friend request. I need some support and will definitely help you on your journey to health and happiness :) I used to do Turbo Jam for the first year boys were born, not Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire will kick your butt!! I've started jogging/running in the last 8 months and really enjoy it. It has been my true outlet and my husband has been great supporting me in this, as he has to watch the boys while I participate in races.

I hope yall have a great evening and Happy Easter weekend :)
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you ladies some friends requests too, I"m also a mom of two looking for support :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    hi. I am a mom of 2. Ages 6 and 3. I do Insanity now but am on the last week before I get back to jogging and starting to tone. Anyone can add me, I like mommy friends!! Just send message :)
  • mnmromano
    mnmromano Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'd love to get motivated too!
    I'm in Canada so I'm still at home with my boys, 10 month old, 2 year old and 3.5 year old. I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs..but need at least 10 and only have 8 weeks to do it before I go back to work..ughhh!
    I JUST joined this week so still learning the site. Any tips from anyone on dieting or this site? recipes?
  • angemarie23
    Options
    Nice to meet and get to know all of you. :-) If you're a mom or we have something else in common (weight loss goals, etc) please feel free to say hello or send a friend request. I'm loving the encouragement and motivation we can send each other!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am a nearly 35 year old mom of two girls, 3.5 and 5 months. I am currently down 24 pounds from my prepregnancy weight. I log daily, work out a lot, and I keep an open diary for my own accoubtability. Feel free to send a request and I will accept. Always looking to give and get support. I really feel mfp has been essential to my success at weightloss!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 toddlers as well....I'd love to be friends!:smile:

Background info:
    Joined My fitness pal on January 7th of this year, weighing in at 242 lbs!
    I am currently down 57 lbs, and weighing 185 lbs this morning!!!
    My goal weight is 170 currently and 15 lbs away now...
    But I not close to completing this weight loss journey, I am in this for the long haul!
    Not just trying to lose weight, but gain muscle!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Melissa. I am stay at home mom to two, 6 yr old boy and 2.5 yr girl.
    I am trying to lose 50 lbs to reach my goal weight of 120. I have lost over 8 lbs this past month.