• 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I will keep up the exercising after this post! thanks
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    OP ~ I love that!

I am constantly blown away by people who are at least 25 years older than me and heavier than me that fly past me while I'm just walking down Embarcadero! It's inspiring and slightly embarrassing at the same time!!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wonderful post.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love this post! <3
  • BreatheSelina_
    Options
    Great story, loved it!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Dear Lady that Ran Past By Me That Day,

I don't know your name, I hardly remember your face. I remember you had dark blond hair and some dark navy blue shorts. I also remember the stretch marks I saw as you ran past by me on that hike, as if you've done it 100 times. I imagine you might have, considering how much those shorts barely hung on you. I could tell that those shorts were at their tightest and if you lose anymore weight, you'll need new shorts. I can tell by your stretch marks on your back that you've lost a lot. I was getting really winded on that hike. It was the 2nd time I've ever in recent memory climbed that hill. But you just reminded me why I'm there. I got my second wind but I knew I was never going to catch up to you that day. I got to wave hello to you when you came down the hill and I saw the rest of your stretch marks. Every one of those seemed like a battle scar to me and to me, you are the victor. You fought the hardest enemy in the world, yourself, and you have won enough battles and I feel that you will win that war. Thank you for doing your victory lap around me, maybe one day I'll join you.

Thanks, You're my encouragement to prove that it can be done and it will be done.

I might be a little over emotional or maybe it's just a little close to home but this made me cry...

thanks... stupid onions.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    Great post. I think we all needed it! Thank you!
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

That is why we are all here to be inspired to achieve results... very cool post!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    this was beautiful...thanks...I needed to read this today.
  • kittycarson
    kittycarson Posts: 109
    Options
    Awwww. great post!!!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! You never know where you'll find or when you'll be inspiration.
  • Cathygal
    Cathygal Posts: 25
    Options
    I love this!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    everyone should read this!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    That is so kickass :) I hope somebody says that about my stretch marks one day!!
  • paulagabay
    Options
    awesome! I wish MFP had a like button.