Is it at all possible to control where you lose your weight?

I know this may be a long shot, but is there any possible way to target certain areas of my body for weight loss? I've noticed when my weight fluctuates, I lose weight in my breasts and I'd like to lose from my stomach or thighs. Are there certain foods I can eat or not eat that will help? Will targeting certain areas while I work out be beneficial? I've always had a bit of fat on my tummy and I'd love nothing more than to get rid of it..

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Sadly no.
    Eating at a moderate deficit and exercising will help lose fat from your body but it comes off where it wants to!
  • It always takes from the boobs first. Sigh! The good news is your body might drop weight in places you weren't even thinking of. That little dip at the bottom of your back, your collarbones, cheekbones, that spot just above the knee...... just appreciate whatever you get back. :O)
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Nope... spot targeting/loss doesn't work unfortunately. I wish it did, but that's a myth. I lose weight in my breasts too, and strange spots like my wrists and back.

You can do weight training, which is the next best thing to spot reduction. Weight training (heavy, free weights) can create a toned and muscular look if you do it right and combine it with a healthy diet.

I'm also a fan of cardio and ab work. All over exercise and a healthy diet has worked for me...definitely don't believe in undereating to get where I want to be!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Nope! You just have to take what you can get! Most people say the first place where you gain weight is usually the last place you lose it...most people complain about their stomach this way. Sorry!