Your first NSV (Non Scale Victory)

Options
13»

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Well, this wasn't my first NSV, but two weeks ago, my husband was talking to one of our neighbors from the window of his truck. I drove around and stopped to talk to the neighbor. After I drove off, the neighbor asked my husband who I was. He said," That was my wife." ROCK ON PEOPLE THIS IS FUN!!!!
  • rubbyk
    rubbyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had two people in the same week ask me if I had that surgery
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've had so many... but I think the most important one is this:

Even though I sat for 2 months with the SCALE back and forth between the same 2 or 3 pounds up and down... basically on a plateau... I did not give up. I continued to exercise. I researched ways to break the plateau in a healthy fashion. I mentally smashed the scale, but I stayed STRONG. I did not falter in my eating, logging, or exercising. I never gave up on myself. Finding the strength within yourself to say "oh well, what would change if I just 'gave up'..." that is big.
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well I had been pretty bummed with the results on the scale lately but I have been feeling ten times healthier. Anyway, I have been doing Power 90 for about three weeks and, as silly as this sounds, when I was doing crunches the other day when I brought my legs up I was shocked, not exagerating by the way, to see definitition in my legs. This is a big NSV for me because even when I was in my best shape, my legs were always kind of pudgy - I could barely ever make out the shape of my knees;-)
  • twyrm
    twyrm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5K run/walk a couple weeks ago. Pretty awesome since I had been telling myself my knees were too bad to run. The key really is to just try. Today I did 2.7 miles in my best time so far. It motivates me to keep working at it and see just how far this old body can take me!
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My mom keeps telling me "your face is getting slimmer!"
    My 36" pants are too big
    I can see in the mirror my gut is smaller and flatter
    My belt is almost out of holes
    I passed on two boxes of fresh doughnuts at work from my fav bakery!!!!!! That was a huge moment for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!