Diet and Exercise Doesn't work!

2»

Replies

• prr88
    prr88 Posts: 8
    I have put the 5 lbs lost back on since I recorded it. And YES, I am accurately recording the amount that I am eating. I have lost weight before and I know what I am doing. Unfortunately, I have been struggling the past 3 years with this. I used to be able to diet and exercise and drop the weight. And NO, I am not looking to lose lbs, just stubborn body fat. I don't care how much I weigh, I just want to lose some fat.
  • prr88
    I just calculated the amount of calories I need to maintain my weight using my BMR. My BMR is 1459.65. Based on this, I need 2,000 calories per day to maintain. If I cut back 500 calories per day, I should lose weight.
    Too bad it didn't work that way for me.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I have been at it for over two years now. I have made several adjustments with diet and exercise. I used to do only cardio (40 minutes 6 days per week) then I cut it down to five days per week of HIT training.

Unless those are different activities doing HIIT, you aren't really doing HIIT then.

By the mere definition of what HIIT means, you would not be able to do it day after day. It's like doing weight lifting max lifts. If you do it day after day, it's not truly your max.

So you are merely doing some interval training, going faster, and slower. Which I'm sure is useful, but not the same.

If you truly want to do HIIT, you have to have a rest day inbetween.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    I'm a 5'7, 145 lbs, 30 yr old female. I have cut calories, switched to organic, cut out processed foods and chemicals, take supplements (vitamin B, fish oil, black cohosh, multi vitamin), exercise 5 days per week (cardio and weights),and cut carbs... I haven't lost an ounce. I have had my thyroid checked and my levels are normal.
    I'm 25% body fat and would like to lose 5% to get rid of the muffin top.
    Any advice?

I checked your Food Diary, and it seems you have not logged ANY food at all for many days.

I mean, if I read your Diary correctly, since 2010 you have only logged food for 53 days !! :huh:

I have found that many times, the reason for not losing weight is not logging your food in MFP.
    Just estimating calories is a very easy way to over-eat.

No matter what strategies we suggest to you, the main part is that you need to keep track of your food intake !

If you log all your food intake, every day, and keep at below your calorie goals, you will lose weight. Guaranteed ! :bigsmile:
  • prr88
    I stopped logging because I got frustrated! I was logging for over a month and gained 5 pounds. I just recently weighed and have gained another 5 pounds. I am kinda boring and eat the same thing everyday (as what is on my log), so I know that the gain isn't because of not logging.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    I stopped logging because I got frustrated! I was logging for over a month and gained 5 pounds. I just recently weighed and have gained another 5 pounds. I am kinda boring and eat the same thing everyday (as what is on my log), so I know that the gain isn't because of not logging.

I am not sure to when you refer to have logged for over a month, because I don't see that in your diary.

MFP gives us a way to clearly control our food intake; after logging food almost every day since Nov 2011, I can now estimate calories in food, but I am sure I would be over my daily calorie limit if I stopped logging the food and just estimated.

Try it. Log your food every day, and ensure you are just below your calorie limit (same one as to when you were losing weight).
    (Make sure that the calorie limit is correct)
    I can assure you will see results !!