Fitbit calorie tracker--your reviews? Any other HRM

Options
Hello! I am wondering about those of you who have Fitbit trackers (the little black ones that either have blue or pink on them) what you think of them? I know they are supposed to count your calories and everything, but how accurate do you find they are?

Sometimes I think the suggested calories burned on MFP seems high, or what the treadmill/elliptical seems high as well. I would like my counting to be more accurate, because I would really like to make sure I'm doing this right!

Thanks for your reviews/opinions! :)

Replies

• maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bumppppp
  • sydneysida
    Options
    I use the Fibit tracker - it counts my exercise all day and integrates well with MFP because it drops any additional exercise calories burnt back to MFP and MFP transfers consumed calories to Fibit site so you get two different views of how you are going. Tend to agree the estimates of calories burnt always seems to be overstated or maybe they they don't 'count' as much as your base calories?
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use the Fibit tracker - it counts my exercise all day and integrates well with MFP because it drops any additional exercise calories burnt back to MFP and MFP transfers consumed calories to Fibit site so you get two different views of how you are going. Tend to agree the estimates of calories burnt always seems to be overstated or maybe they they don't 'count' as much as your base calories?
    I would like to buy one because they seem to be only about $100, which seems pretty good? How much was yours?