Logging 30 Day Shred

Options
Hi everyone!

There may already be a thread on this topic...I looked and didn't see any but I may have missed it.
Anyway...I'm starting the 30 Day Shred tonight and I've heard it's a mixture of cardio and strength training. What should I log it under? I don't have a heart monitor or anything like that so I can't know the specific calories that I'm burning.

Thanks!!! :smile:

133914.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Log it under circuit training. there is one for that in the exercise diary .
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Thanks so much!!! :happy:
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    Awesome!
    You are so welcome!! I love the 30 day shred, but it kicks my butt!!! I just did Jillian's trouble zones DVD and thought I was gonna die!! I got through it though!
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    Awesome!
    You are so welcome!! I love the 30 day shred, but it kicks my butt!!! I just did Jillian's trouble zones DVD and thought I was gonna die!! I got through it though!

I just finished level 1 - Day 1 of the Shred. Wow! It kicked my behind too!!! But it was awesome! I'm just glad I got through the whole 20 minutes! There was awhile there when I really wanted to stop! I've heard of Jillian's trouble zones DVD - Maybe I'll try that one when I'm done with the 30 Day Shred!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    how do you guys feel about this dvd? i have not even looked into it at all.
  • PinkShoes
    Options

Hey!
    Tonight was the first time I've done it and it was awesome! It was a great workout and kicked my behind! There are three levels that are 20 minutes each. Jillian Michaels mixes strength training, cardio, and abs in three 6-minute circuits - 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. It doesn't sound like that much but it is definately a workout! In 20 minutes, I sweat just as much as I do in an hour long brisk walk/jog!
    Since I've just started, I can't say much about results yet, but I've heard from others on MFP that the results are amazing after 30 days!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I just want to add that I've been doing the shred for a couple months now, along with Bob's workout....depending on how I feel that day. But I LOVE those interval workouts! No more long boring cardio workouts for me! I can see my whole body changing. My hub can too....
    It's amazing! Plus anyone can squeeze in the 20 minutes each day.

Take care,
    cindy
    :happy:
  • Thin4payton
    Options

I love them!! I have almost all if not all of her dvd's. I like changing them up and getting different workouts and keeping it fresh. Plus, I get so sore!!!