Anyone tried Mona Vie??

Options
Has anyone tried or heard of Mona Vie? It's a drink that you take 2oz in the morning and 2oz at night and it is supposed to help with energy and weight loss. It has acai berry which I have heard a little bit about. I work at a doctors office and one of out pt's brought it in for me to try. I'm a little afraid to try it since I don't know too much about it. Any feedback would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Jenni

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I heard about it last year from our UPS delivery guy. He said it is full of really good nutrients (I don't remember the specifics but you can look on their website), and it helped him with energy and feeling better in general. It is (or was at the time) quite expensive, so I never tried it. Hopefully someone else knows more than I do.:smile:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I got a bottle for free, just scared to try it!! I'm weird with things like that!!
  • wadosteph
    wadosteph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's all the rage in my area. A friend of mine is trying it, and she has noted benefits of being more 'regular'. A lot of people in her group that are selling it now, tout it's benefits of lowering blood pressure, lessening pain from fibromyalgia and more. Personally, I never try stuff like that (but maybe should). I'm hearing nothing but good things about it ~ but they say it needs to be in your system, so drink it for a few weeks before noticing any benefit. One bottle may not do it...and yes, it's still expensive. About $150.00 per month if you drink it regularly.
  • lyla29
    Options
    There is some interesting information I found at Wikipedia, that shows what the company says vs. what critics say, and you can also look at their website www.monavie.com. I agree with you to be scared to try anything new if you don't know anything about it. I do the same thing.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    A friend who has been diagnosed with cancer has been taking it along with carrot juice and has had amazing results. I think if you got a free bottle you should try it. I have heard wonderful things about it, but it can be costly.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I tried it. A guy at work brought us girls some. We all agreed that it didn't really do much and the taste....um, not so great.....nobody there drinks it anymore and there is a bottle still sitting in the fridge. Hope that helped. That was our experience.
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! The taste is rather unappealing. I'm looking more for the energy and joint benefits, so maybe it won't be too bad to try since it's free! Thanks for the website info too lyla!!
  • lyla29
    Options
    You're very welcome:smile: . If I had the money, I might have tried it last year because I have some problems with my knees, but right now (so far) as long as I keep working out, my knees don't hurt as much, but if I stop, they start to bother me :ohwell: At least you only have to drink a little bit, so the taste shouldn't bother you too much. Hopefully it works for you. :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1. expensive:ohwell:
    2. high in antioxidants:bigsmile:
    3. HYPE:huh:

yes, it's high in antioxidants, just like many vegetable/fruit based drinks
    no, it does not cure cancer, aids, or many of the other false claims being tossed around.
    yes, it is super expensive

bottom line: if you like how it tastes, only one ounce of it has the benefits you can get from a larger serving of v8, or other vegetables.
    but, you're gonna spend a LOT.
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    You're very welcome:smile: . If I had the money, I might have tried it last year because I have some problems with my knees, but right now (so far) as long as I keep working out, my knees don't hurt as much, but if I stop, they start to bother me :ohwell: At least you only have to drink a little bit, so the taste shouldn't bother you too much. Hopefully it works for you. :smile:

I have been having a lot of trouble with my knees. I though it was from working out, then I realized I hadn't been and got back to it. I hope it helps. I don't want to have knee replacements! I'm too young for that!!:noway:
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    1. expensive:ohwell:
    2. high in antioxidants:bigsmile:
    3. HYPE:huh:

yes, it's high in antioxidants, just like many vegetable/fruit based drinks
    no, it does not cure cancer, aids, or many of the other false claims being tossed around.
    yes, it is super expensive

bottom line: if you like how it tastes, only one ounce of it has the benefits you can get from a larger serving of v8, or other vegetables.
    but, you're gonna spend a LOT.

I wondered about that too. If there was something else comparable, but less expensive. Thanks Lucky!
  • lyla29
    Options
    I was kind of surprised that the more I worked out, the less my knees hurt. I think it's because you're strengthening the muscles around the knee and making them stronger. At first I stopped exercising, thinking I needed a rest, but the rest lasted too long, and I gained weight :grumble: So now, as long as I keep exercising, they hurt less. Hopefully it stays that way, and they don't end up hurting worse later:ohwell:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    :wink: no problemo

I have a friend who sells it, and I am too broke to buy it, so I got the scoop from her...
  • csw5048
    csw5048 Posts: 26
    Options
    Waste of money. My aunt left a bottle behind for my parents... It overpriced Acai. FRS has more antioxidents anyways.
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    I had a doctor look at mona vie, a daily multi vitamin and shakeology line by line. After looking at these supplements line by line the very well educated doctor said, "Shakeology is ten times better than these others".

I'm not just saying that because I sell shakeology (take note of my auto sig url) :laugh: , but it sure does make me LOVE to sell stuff thats ten times better than my competition.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I got a bottle for free, just scared to try it!! I'm weird with things like that!!

A friend gave me a bottle and it did provide a small kick in my day. It doesn't bad either but I found it to be very expensive