FAT 2 FIT RADIO CALCULATIONS

Options
I'm looking for some help from those of you that are "good with numbers" about these results that I got~

In looking for my BMR and entering the information, I'm given my current BMR and a chart that reflects my BMR at my "goal weight" and there's where things get a little confusing.
So here goes:

Weight: 200
Goal Wt: 135
Body Fat %: 53 (according to Military) (holy crap, really?)

The Results:
Harris-Ben BMR 1567 (current)
Katch-McArdle BMR 1293

GOAL BMR: 1542 (at sedentary)

The "result page" is telling the CHANGE my goal weight so that my Goal BMR won't be more than my current BMR.
What would be my calorie goal to lose?

Somebody help me.....:huh:

Replies

• childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i think something may have gone wrong here.

You height, weight and age means your BMR is 1,567. Well when you include your activity levels (TDEE) it can only go UP, it has seemingly gone down.

The harris formula shows that your BMR must be multiplied by your TDEE, so you have said your activity level is sedentary so you should times 1,567 by 1.2 to show your BMR including TDEE.

So 1,567 x 1.2 = 1,880

And your goal now depends on how much weight you wish to lose per week. 1 pound = 3,500 calories less per week which is 500 calories less per day, this is a low amount of food to eat given your current weight and your target weight, it would be 1,380 and to me seem's really low.

I have quickly looked at the harris forumla, you did not disclose your height, are you 5ft? If so the above is correct, if not then we need to recalculate.

Also, you have already lost 11lbs so I would say you are doing okay? But the above stats are correct. If you are taller than 5ft let me know and we'll recalculate, otherwise it's correct!
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The "Goal BMR" is actually your TDEE at 135lb.

To lose weight, you need to eat between your current BMR and your current TDEE.
    In your case, this would be between 1567 and 1880.

If you're more than sedentary (ie you don't sit for 10+ hour a day), you would have a higher TDEE.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some help from those of you that are "good with numbers" about these results that I got~

In looking for my BMR and entering the information, I'm given my current BMR and a chart that reflects my BMR at my "goal weight" and there's where things get a little confusing.
    So here goes:

The Results:
    Katch-McArdle BMR 1293

The "result page" is telling the CHANGE my goal weight so that my Goal BMR won't be more than my current BMR.

Fat2Fit gives you the TDEE of your goal weight. For you at the moment, eating at that goal is too much of a defict so it is asking you to input an interim goal.

Try putting an initial goal of 150/160, then you can readjust later.

Or put your current weight as your goal, and just deduct 20% from the figures to give you your deficit.

Good Luck :)
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

So here goes:

The Results:
    Katch-McArdle BMR 1293

Fat2Fit gives you the TDEE of your goal weight. For you at the moment, eating at that goal is too much of a defict so it is asking you to input an interim goal.

Try putting an initial goal of 150/160, then you can readjust later.

Or put your current weight as your goal, and just deduct 20% from the figures to give you your deficit.

Good Luck :)

This ^^ Your current goal is going to make your daily consumption too low for now, I've changed my goal once before also as at the goal I had it I was recommended to eat 1,205 calories, something I do not believe I could do!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    My height is 5'0" and now I see that the goal BMR really IS TDEE at 135.

I burn approx 300 cals per day in exercise~some days more.

I've been in MFP for over a YEAR now and the 11 pound loss is actually a reflection of a GAIN over Christmas~ my total loss WAS 20 pounds before November rolled around!

I'd really LOVE to have this figured out once and for all~ just set my calorie goal, plug in the food and GO!!

Sounds nice, doesn't it?